Solic 200 but still exporting some power.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserkerboy

Reaction score
Hi all.:).
Just wondering about the above which I have fitted at ours.
The unit is supposed to be zero export. My unit doesn't have the option of allowing any changes to this. I have seen pictures of units with switches to do this but mine doesn't have them.
Since having our smart meter installed I am often seeing an export of over 100w when the immersion is still drawing power. This is not so prevalent when there are cloudy days. So the sunnier it gets, the more likely it is to be exporting. I am also seeing 20-30w of power pulled from the grid on occasion when the Solic is sending power to the immersion.
I have contacted the seller who says that it is likely down to electrical noise at our property. He also says that the unit has to slide to zero which I can understand. My observations lead me to think there is something else going on though.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?👍.
I am overall extremely impressed with this unit. Gallons of really hot water and would recommend them to anyone.

your immesrion may not be drawing enough at particular times to stop all exporting. Not sure about the importing small amounts though

Immersion is 3kw and the tank needs heating. My top generation is around 2.5kw as my panels face 3 different directions. I'm inclined to think something is not quite right with the Solic or maybe the smart meter.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Wouldn't be surprised. Every little helps to increase their bill.

Locked to prevent hi-jacking

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.