Sooooooooo Covid

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerching

©Kleenex™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Wife and I have both had jabs and booster jabs. She has been moaning about feeling 💩, headaches etc for 2 weeks. LFT every day for both of us...always clear. Saturday tested positive, coughing like she smokes 40'a day, looks worse than usual. Registered the result on line, list of contacts etc. Reply text said she was eligible for an Oximeter. Collected it from primary care, got it home, faulty! OFG! Phoned again "oh we will,get one out to you". An hour later there was a knock on the door, thought it was Amazon. It was driver from NHS dropping off replacement unit!!! She's in bed looking rough as, I have to do LFT everyday for a week . I wonder what the consequence of NOT having the jab would have been if this is what happens AFTER being jabbed

We will never know the effects of not being inoculated but apparently many of those hospitalised are not vaccinated so maybe that's a partial answer. I have my fourth vaccination in a few weeks maybe I will get the full house of vaccination types. Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.

This time last year I was waiting my turn for the first jab full of optimism that this would sort it.

Now a year later, and 3 jabs later I am disappointed. That was NOT the end of it, the bloody things don't last long and the effect is very questionable.

Over the holiday 2 families we know got covid, one half or each couple vaccinated the other not. All of hem just had a mild ilness, i.e. there was no difference in severity between the vaccinated and unvaccinated partner.

Yes very small sample, but disappointing results.

Does she have any underlying condition that you know about (other than you 😉)?
I AM a gift NOT a condition! Deal with it!

She is s very rarely ill. Usually up at about 6, sort horse out, work all day, back to horse for 2 hours ( or until she thinks tea is ready) always in fresh air. BUT she works in a primary school and theybare dropping like flies contrary to the "children don't get it/transmit it". FFS they great each other by licking
Seems to be getting a bit better

My mistake your honour! Should have known better.

There certainly are some strange beliefs surrounding covid transmission? Whatever the case maybe, we are going to have to find a way to live with it it seems. (Of course that is until the NHS can’t cope?)

Glad to hear she is on the mend albeit slowly.
Does this mean you go to work on the horse now? Purely for exercising the horse in amongst your busy schedule you understand, not suggesting you’re a cowboy 😮😮

This time last year I was waiting my turn for the first jab full of optimism that this would sort it.

Now a year later, and 3 jabs later I am disappointed. That was NOT the end of it, the bloody things don't last long and the effect is very questionable.

Over the holiday 2 families we know got covid, one half or each couple vaccinated the other not. All of hem just had a mild ilness, i.e. there was no difference in severity between the vaccinated and unvaccinated partner.

Yes very small sample, but disappointing results.
but probably the omicron variant which is a milder disease.

I know peope who have failed to catch it from their partners when the Delta variant was rampant, I know people who have died, and some suffering long covid. It's such a variable disease it's really hard to tell how much difference the vaccine makes, but as the ICUs are full of unvaccinated I think that tells you what you need to know.

Covid itself it becoming the 'new flu' ie we will need a vaccine every year for whatever variant is around at the time.

Last edited: