sparks and motorbikes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patspark

Reaction score
maybe we start a new thread how many sparks ride bikes?

what bikes they have?

how many born again 40+ bikers

posted this on bike course

took my own idea

Certainly not born again...several years to go until 40+!

Currently got a GSXR600, although I'm tempted by the 675 Daytona. Had an FZR400 and NSR125 before the current one. As well as a VT250, VFR750 and GPZ600 as restoration projects.

As you may have guessed I like my bikes!!

started riding again after 20+ years had a few bikes

had a gpz 500 just to get me started again had a few bikes

last one was virago 750 had a go on the virago 535

bought it there and then great for london traffic

and she pretty good on the motorway

btw i am 49 bornagain

Defo not born again but 40+ :(

DT50 big bore kit to 80cc it was in bits more than it was on the road, RD125 then RD250 with a sidewinder now the age is showin !! GSX1100, GSXR600 srad, TL1000R (good straight line bike but turned like a pig) currently on a 2000 GSXR750 which still makes me grin :^O

not really born again, (tho not into road bikes so much nowadays till I get anotherone built)

and not 40+ just yet.

NC30 race bike

NC35 race bike

FZR400RRSP race bike, in bits

RRT blade with TTF1 chassis(circa '94) in boxes

tzr125 2rk in boxes

RGV250

current project TZR250 3ma hybrid race bike

but the cash has ran out badly the past few months so racing has stopped for a bit,(a lot!).!

ps, am I supposed to list all the bikes Ive had?

could take a while............

i think that enough for now hope the cash comes in to finish your project

Had a Kawasaki KE100 when a student and it got nicked (chain and all). Mean to do a Harley Davidson cross-country ride a la 'Zen and the art of the Motorcycle' someday.

...when I've got/rented the Harley of course! :D ... which would make me a born-again 40+ biker :eek:

Yes 40+ had bikes until I was mid twenties then did the normal thing got married had kids, got back into bikes at 34 had Fireblade, R1, SP1, then got worried about loosing my license so got a XR 650 with Super Moto wheels, got the son into Motocross so put the off road wheels in the XR to big and heavy for off road so got WR 426, went practicing on Motocross tracks never went back on the road so got RMZ 250 then CRF 250 raced for 5 years fell off broke my finger so called a day. Still love the bikes though, race Karts know :p

Yes 40+ had bikes until I was mid twenties then did the normal thing got married had kids, got back into bikes at 34 had Fireblade, R1, SP1, then got worried about loosing my license so got a XR 650 with Super Moto wheels, got the son into Motocross so put the off road wheels in the XR to big and heavy for off road so got WR 426, went practicing on Motocross tracks never went back on the road so got RMZ 250 then CRF 250 raced for 5 years fell off broke my finger so called a day. Still love the bikes though, race Karts know :p
what you race seajayess.?

please dont say generators....... :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

spannered karts for a while a few years back,

if you know any E or ICE guys I would take a decent TZ engine off their hands for them, ]:) ] :)

Hi steptoe I race rotax Max still learning though getting quicker though, in motocross could finish about half way in a group of 80 riders most off them younger than me too ;)

not a bad class se j

they were just starting off when i was spannering, bit pernicky on temp, like most 2 strokes really.

what the chassis to have nowadays?

are swiss hutless and gillard still winning?

been a few years for me so please forgive if im a bit outta date, :D

Not too bad have a weather station and programe on laptop for carb settings, Gillard still good I have a Tony Kart the rotax go well getting around 70 mph over start finish line

there's a street circuit in NI where 100 libre hit about 90mph, bet the rotax would be over the ton there.!!!

tony kart always were good chassis.

TBH Ive always found the only way to set jets were exhaust notes, blueness of pipe, and possibly a plug chop, but most of all, just plain experience.

have never used any sort of programme TBH, can you give its name (or a link) away?

I would be really interested to have a look/give it a go maybe.

:D

Hmmm.I put mine away when I was 40 and my first sproglet was born.(immortality at a low point) . Can't bring myself to sell em though. currently have a Fireblade(bought new 96) & cbx1000(had it for 27 years) Starting to fancy riding again and a new rc8 looks fun. Always fancied a mv agusta but now owned by harley davidson so that's a non runner now. same as Steptoe don't make me name all the bikes I have owned fingers will get tired.

there's a street circuit in NI where 100 libre hit about 90mph, bet the rotax would be over the ton there.!!!tony kart always were good chassis.

TBH Ive always found the only way to set jets were exhaust notes, blueness of pipe, and possibly a plug chop, but most of all, just plain experience.

have never used any sort of programme TBH, can you give its name (or a link) away?

I would be really interested to have a look/give it a go maybe.

:D
yes you are proberbly right about the ton , programe only works on the rotax max engine but the website is www.rotaxjetting.com CJS

Hmmm.I put mine away when I was 40 and my first sproglet was born.(immortality at a low point) . Can't bring myself to sell em though. currently have a Fireblade(bought new 96) & cbx1000(had it for 27 years) Starting to fancy riding again and a new rc8 looks fun. Always fancied a mv agusta but now owned by harley davidson so that's a non runner now. same as Steptoe don't make me name all the bikes I have owned fingers will get tired.
hi paulh, Im getting close to 40(too close TBH) and just had my 1st kid earlier this year and that is what made me start building another race bike, my own immortality getting closer and all that.

one more thing I want to do before I die.

qualify for the isle of man, qualifiying would do me, and a finish would be unbelievable. :)

agree with you on the MV, I would want a Hardly Drivable agricultural vehicile either. :D :D .

is your blade urban tiger? there is an article in one of the mags this month on the CBX, ace bike. :) whats an rc8? or am I being thick here?

The rc8 is ktm's world superbike contender, My blade is an rrt a couple of models on from the urban tiger. The IOM is probably my favorite all time place. Done the tt from the spectator side and would love to compete.

The rc8 is ktm's world superbike contender, My blade is an rrt a couple of models on from the urban tiger. The IOM is probably my favorite all time place. Done the tt from the spectator side and would love to compete.
try the MGP buddy, my 3 weeks holiday every year, missus goes to spain, i do bike racing. :D

my mate races (the NC35) and i spanner for him,

am currently trying to build a 250(funds allowing) for me to race in 2010, was my little one being born that pushed me into realising the things I wanted to do before i died.! (but couldnt afford!)

you got the same blade engine as the hybrid one i have.! :)

I always fancied the not so busy manx. When I used to do the tt staying sober was easy (as long as it was dry). Riding the circuit was all the adrenalin you could ever need. The best(or is that worst) I ever did was 3 laps on a tank(approx 80miles)on open roads of course, complete with 30mph speed limits virago's, harley's etc. Fun times.