spot lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
how do you change a pendant into 2 spot lights in a false ceiling? what kind of fitting can you use in the original ceiling because you cant get acces to it any more.

If you`re fitting 2 spots, mounted on a common bar (surface) ; this shouldn`t be an issue.

I assume you mean down lighters, however. In which case:

Without disturbing the ceiling - you need to know which way the joists run - make your holes in between the same joists as the original, and fish wires through.

Otherwise, you would have to either make holes in the ceiling, where the joists are, or be able to access the void from above.

KME

its having a false ceiling under the original ceiling so the original rose will be totally hidden. what are you supposed to do in this situation? i can wire the new cable into the original rose switch live and neutral but then you never get to it when its been plastered.

is it downstairs or up?

if up then i'd pull cables into loft space, jb them and feed a new switched live/neutral/cpc to my two new lights, make sure new ceiling allows enough room for them, 110mm for fire-rated, or click do a range which are 65mm, they should be used if the room above is habitable, i.e. bedroom

if downstairs use the same method jb under floor above, mark floorboard, maybe even write on exposed grey cable at new light 'jb above' for the future