Spot whats wrong

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you spot whats odd & wrong with this dodgy joint found under floorboards.

Picture026.jpg

1. The cpc has come out of the connector.

2. Thats 16mm cable on the right & 2.5mm on the left.

Builder had been paid to rewire flat and to arrange new EDF supply. Had been paid in full and left. The 2.5 feed was from the landlords board via a 30a rewirable fuse.The landlord was oblivious to this untill the winter when the all electric flat blew the 30a fuse. Numerous faults were found in the flat aswell, such as all the lighting having switched neutrals and 20a switches for the heaters, fed from the local ring circuit. It cost about

:eek: NIGHTMARE .....dont u just love builders,i know a few, ones actually called bob and never a larger stetson have i ever seen before,oh he has a horse too called trigger ;)

No Junction box

Incorrectly wired

consumer side - supply side

no connection = neutral

neutral = cpc

phase = phase

Wow, 8 1/2 months later............................
Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:^O:^O:^O

Nah slips we are all still at the 2nd March 2008 you must have hit that quantum singularity and jumped forward in time - what was summer 08 like ?

Only been a member since 11th of Nov' so how can he have seen it sooner?

But at least the builder took the time to sheath the cpc Blushing, what really makes my blood boil is the builder will do this and get no come back, we get it in the neck when you get "Well it has been like that for years can you not just put it back" no I ****** cannot. X(

Well SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH's i was late, in replying i understand that, but i had to point out the obvious that nobody else had pointed out. after all what was the title "Spot whats wrong". No pun intended.

Yes am a newbie on the forum but everyones got to start at the bottom and work up.

Thanks Admin

"Only been a member since 11th of Nov' so how can he have seen it sooner?"

Well SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH's i was late, in replying i understand that, but i had to point out the obvious that nobody else had pointed out. after all what was the title "Spot whats wrong". No pun intended.Yes am a newbie on the forum but everyones got to start at the bottom and work up.

Thanks Admin

"Only been a member since 11th of Nov' so how can he have seen it sooner?"
I Don't think Slips was having a dig m8:)

more just a bit of his type of humor.... ;) :x

oh by the way if I havent said hello Welcome Nsparks. ;)

No Mate, Slips - has a great sense of humour and that - was a part of it.

:)

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:^O:^O:^ONah slips we are all still at the 2nd March 2008 you must have hit that quantum singularity and jumped forward in time - what was summer 08 like ?
Apologies nsparks if this offended it was not directed at you it was more at the fact that a thread could go ignored for so long. :(

Cheers

No offense taken. True, I,m new to the forum, i just thought i would share my input as a newbie, better late than never.

Latest posts