spotted this last week.

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hehe , no it was a empty house and a friend has just bought it at auction.

;0

i think the neighbour might be up to somehthing he has lights all the way down his drive and they are on 24hr a day .

i told him to wait till night and cut them, that will tell him were they are going lol.

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
I'd get you friend to ring up his supplier/DNO and get them round to investigate!

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes i told him you cant put tape round it ... it has to be in a 30 Amp JB .

lol.

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Lol.

Been looking at your "Gallery" some nice, neat work there JL.

What do you do altogether?

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mainly contract for local councils, hate the private sector with a passion .. :)

we do anything really from a tap washer to a full house build but mainly heatings and decent home stuff, bathrooms, walk in showers, re wires and general maintenance.

i have a sparky craig working with me at the minute AKA dig construction who joined the forum last week, so together we are taking on the world .. :)

ABC Technical

Reaction score
Nice neat installs there mate, if ever I need a heating engineer I know where to come. :)

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
You like your Baxi's don't you! I've just bought a duo-tec 24 to convert my boiler/emersion system. Might be picking your brains next year when I start converting the system to the combi. :)

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the baxi platinum. they have the 5 year warranty. if you bought the duo tec and not opened it take it back and for the extra 100 pound you get an extra 3 years warranty. stainless heat exchange 10 year warranty.

also i get 24 hr service on it form manufacturer.if i call before 3pm they are there next day . before 10am sat they are there same day . :)

parts are very cheap to .

i would not fit anything else, unless of course they buy the materials then they have the warranty issues because i dont warranty there equipment just the labour and materials i supply. :)

excellent choice m8 .: ( look to the hot water output on the 24 ... the 28he is considerably higher and makes a world of difference. 12Ltrs /min.

the boiler modulates so higher gas usage is not an issue here it modulates to the size of the system and heat req.

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
i like the baxi platinum. they have the 5 year warranty. if you bought the duo tec and not opened it take it back and for the extra 100 pound you get an extra 3 years warranty. stainless heat exchange 10 year warranty.
Ah..... I got it from e-bay from a company that sells baxi's returned boilers onwards.

This one had been returned but never fitted (just the box opened) so I picked it up for

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plumbfix part of the screwfix company are doing the duo tec 24 for 450 . till end of dec.

i will look for a link .

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
plumbfix part of the screwfix company are doing the duo tec 24 for 450 . till end of dec.i will look for a link .
I tried to deal with plumbfix but unless you are corgi registered they won't sell to you! :(

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Part of the SF family. Pitty they - and others - couldn't do that with electrical items too. X(

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Part of the SF family. Pitty they - and others - couldn't do that with electrical items too. X(
plumbfix part of the screwfix company are doing the duo tec 24 for 450 . till end of dec.i will look for a link .
Would help if I had read from the end of page one, First. :_|

Latest posts