square d rcbo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
where can i get one of these in a 6amp rcbo? looks very similar to wylex stuff but doubt thatll work.

City do the square d stuff

i have ordered mcbs from them b4

and Eddys i think

aha, looked on their site but had no joy, ill have to go visit in person.

cheers

crikey been to a few wholesalers and best price is 120 plus vat hmmm new plan needed me thinks.

aye that is my first thought.could by a complete 17th board for that price!!

I work at newey & eyre and sqaure-d rcbos are impossible to get hold of at the mo as even square-d dont have them (obviously due to popular demand.)

However if you struggle Merlin gerin rcbos also fit in them and they are easier to get hold of.

Hope this may help

I work at newey & eyre and sqaure-d rcbos are impossible to get hold of at the mo as even square-d dont have them (obviously due to popular demand.)However if you struggle Merlin gerin rcbos also fit in them and they are easier to get hold of.

Hope this may help
can we ask whatb branch?

cos I dont tend to use them too much cos they are robbing ALANs!!!! X(X( X(

I work at newey & eyre and sqaure-d rcbos are impossible to get hold of at the mo as even square-d dont have them (obviously due to popular demand.)However if you struggle Merlin gerin rcbos also fit in them and they are easier to get hold of.

Hope this may help
niced advice tho, :)

yea Im from the Midlands,

do you have an account with neweys?

newey and eyre aren't too expensive if you speak to the right people!!!!!

yea Im from the Midlands,do you have an account with neweys?

newey and eyre aren't too expensive if you speak to the right people!!!!![/QUOTE]

that will be the charm factor then :x ; )

Nice to know of a wholesaler in the Midlands

is the East,West,Centre ???

Castlec stuff fits in sq D. I use both, really like Sq D boards, but no one stocks them in Plymouth anymore :_|
Digressing slightly - sorry!

Only came across a Castletec board the other day. Never heard of them before - looked OK but was a bit cautious. Who deals with them? Any opinions?

I've been impressed with the Denmans Basics boards. Nice 17th edition 8 way - reasonably compact. Trip times of the two RCD's were within a milisecond of each other. Plastic 'feels nice' and looks a bit like the Hager IP4X stuff - but much cheaper. Some tolerance problems between main switch and MCB's makes getting the front cover on a bit of a pain - but so much cheaper it's worth the agro as it looks nice!

In my experience the only failures of MCB's I've had have been Proteus and MK.

Isn't 'Square D' screwfix? Never liked the look of the stuff but is it OK?

Square D is part of Schneider Electric (Merlin Gerin)think its their line of stuff aim more at domestic than commercial applications!
Is there anything you don't know..............Applaud Smiley