Start of a new stripout and rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afraid to say that all is definiteley NOT well. Blue is solely to be used as a neutral conductor in BS7671 and shall not be used as a phase conductor. I am guessing you have also used blue as your neutral aswell to add confusion to the situation. Why not save some more money and use earth for them all ????? Had you used black,brown , or grey phase conductors then sleeved them up then that would have been fine under the regs as they are all phase colours. This will fail any future inspection due to the above reason. Using the wholsalers lack of stock is not really any sort of argument as every wholesaler worth his slat can order cut cable in within 48 hours .Not trying to have a pop at you but i just hate it when qualified sparks seem to think they can just install anything and make do .

Nick
All tails have now been changed for respective colours any how,

As the wholesaler admitted he shouldn't have gave the app 45mtrs of blue but as i need that amount ASAP due to the old switchgear and board coming out over the weekend he,s replaced the lot at no cost,

All i've got to do is the return the used blue tails back to them.

But if i would of had to pay for them they would have been left in and not lost any sleep over it.

Job finished here's some pics.

Note all fixtures and fittings the otherside of the cladding are all 'EXP' proof.

Wall lights,ceiling lights and switches.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice job bacon.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:31 ----------

whats the blue equipment one the first photos by the wall. looks like a 110 volt transformer or something?

Brake tester all exp in that bay and the next bay to it Badger.

Yes Batty very busy.

It took the guy project managing the job 3 weeks to to make up he's mind to how the wall lights were going to be fitted on the cladding,

And thats after i said thats the only way i'm going to be able to do it with tray for the cable and unistrut to fix the lights to.

The ceiling lights each weighed 31Kg 18 in total and 20 wall lights in the petreg area.