StecaGrid 2010+ adding a network interface card

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CW33514

Reaction score
I have a StecaGrid 2010+ Solar PV system consisting of one master and slave unit.

This was installed around 2011.

Unknown to me when It was first installed there is an option to add a Ethernet network interface card; to allow PC monitoring of the energy generated by the system.

I tried to buy the network card direct from Steca but it is no longer in production.

But I have managed to get hold of one, via eBay.

I have installed the card using the StecaGrid manual and it configures OK, and responds to network PINGs from PCs on my local LAN.

I have also downloaded the StecaGrid Connect User software from their web site.

According to the documentation both web browsing and the software can be used to access the system and view its data in graphical form.

However, neither function works. TCP/IP ports 21, 80 and 4101 are configured and open according to a network port scanner I have used.

Both methods require a user name and password to signon. The documention is unclear as to what user name should be used.

As the network interface comes from a de-commissioned system the card may still have the old user name and password which is not known.

There is no documentation on how to reset the network card, but the card itself has dip switches, one of which is marked "DEF PWD"; which I assume means default password.

The documenation says the initial password is the MAC address of the network card, but what the default user name should be.

I have set the switch but have still not been able to signon by web browser or via their software.

The network cards EJ45 connection is a Digi Connect ME.

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.

you would be better off talking to Stecca helpline. I usd to fit Stecca, but that was years ago and I can't remember how it works nay more, or things like default passwords. It maybe easier just to buy a Geo Solo display with internet bridge.