Storage Heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XospheriX

Reaction score
We have 4 storage heaters and they have been in ever since we move in.  Im pretty sure they are 1980's/90's ish.  They are Dimplex.  I dont think they are doing that good a job the output flaps dont fit snugly to the heater and they loose most of the heat throughout the day.  I've been thinking about replacing them with panel heaters and then coming off of E7.  My question is, if I were to do this how would I make the circuits for the Storage heaters stay live all the time.  Would this happen if my meter was switched.  We have 1 consumer unit with 2 rails one for normal circuits and the rest are the storage heaters.  Would I have to get the meter changed when we switch from E7 and then the tail to the top rail stayed live or would i need a new consumer unit?  Also do you think its worth replacing storage heaters for panels?

Cheers

Ian

You would have to do some alterations to split the feed coming out of the meter with henley blocks to feed both the main and the off off peak consumer units from the single rate feed.  Themeter man would not do this, and it is not a DIY job so you would need an electrician to do it for you.

But I suspect you would find it a much more expensive way to heat the house.

a picture of your meter setup would be useful. As you are new to this page and you need 10 posts before you can post a photo, you will have to post a link to a picture hosting site.

Latest posts