Survey permissions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger_Dunn

Reaction score
Hi there, 

New member here. Thank you. 

I'm wondering if it's permitted to post survey questions as discussion threads (or post a link to a survey form in Google). I'm not an electrician, rather, I'm part of a research and development team that aims to create a product for electricians, specifically, a tool belt that's catered to the bare essentials. In our research, we've concluded that most tool belts out there are not made with the bare necessities of the electrician in mind, as a result, the product is a salad of pockets, is hard to wear, uncomfortable, and dangerous even, as it restricts mobility. (as a guitar tech, I can relate to the pragmatic mentality of some electricians I've been able to talk to. It's just not practical to bring a heavy tool belt with unnecessary pockets that would get in the way of my job). 

I'm not really planning on selling anything here as of the moment, but I believe the information that we may gather here would be very useful in the future for electricians. 

Thank you! 

got one i use occasionally. usually when working on a ladder for holding tools / drills. its a modular one so a belt and whatever pouches i have clipped on

Used to wear a tool belt on a very rare occasion like working on a roof or of a ladder, but ever since work trousers came onto the scene for me about 10 years ago, I have never had the need for a tool belt, don’t even know where it is now.

Hi there, 

New member here. Thank you. 

I'm wondering if it's permitted to post survey questions as discussion threads (or post a link to a survey form in Google). I'm not an electrician, rather, I'm part of a research and development team that aims to create a product for electricians, specifically, a tool belt that's catered to the bare essentials. In our research, we've concluded that most tool belts out there are not made with the bare necessities of the electrician in mind, as a result, the product is a salad of pockets, is hard to wear, uncomfortable, and dangerous even, as it restricts mobility. (as a guitar tech, I can relate to the pragmatic mentality of some electricians I've been able to talk to. It's just not practical to bring a heavy tool belt with unnecessary pockets that would get in the way of my job). 

I'm not really planning on selling anything here as of the moment, but I believe the information that we may gather here would be very useful in the future for electricians. 

Thank you! 
@Roger_Dunn,

I would class this as advertising and thus, no I will not allow it.

Sorry.

Latest posts