tails

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWDS

Reaction score
afternoon O wise ones, I will be doing a rewire and Elecsa will be attending to assess, the problem I have is that the tails that come out of the meter ( rented prop ) are only 16mm and Npower are not going to change them, just wondering what the out come will be from Elecsa and what is the best way to approach it.

Regards Iain

More info required...

Earthing arrangement?

Cutout fuse rating ?

16mm tails are acceptable under certain circumstances.

D.

D.

earthing is TNS, I cannt get to the fuses yet but seem to remember that both the line & neutral have seals on them, I will check the fuse rating in the morning.

Thanks Iain

theres nothing wrong with 16mm not in my eyes neway ......if u look at the mains before ur main isolator and after the main incoming thats 16mm iv gotta admit i use 25mm but theres nowt wrong with 16mm ......thts my little rants 4 2day

When doing rewires or even board change, I always put new 25's in. As previously mentioned they are not always required but I think shiney new tails finish off a tidy new board.

When doing rewires or even board change, I always put new 25's in. As previously mentioned they are not always required but I think shiney new tails finish off a tidy new board.
I would agree with this also if main fuse needs upgrading to 100 amps consumers side of meter is ready for it.

batty