Talking CCTV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of talking CCTV Cameras in Town Centres?

• Good Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Not sure, suppose its ok as long as it is not missued

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Talking CCTV Cameras? :|

I thought it was some "Operator" that actually spoke into a Microphone and it came out of a speaker that was attched to/near the actual camera.

:D :D:D

Talking CCTV Cameras? :| I thought it was some "Operator" that actually spoke into a Microphone and it came out of a speaker that was attched to/near the actual camera.

:D :D:D
No m8. That`s old technology. The camera can actually tell when you`ve dropped litter, and it shouts at you to identify yourself.

Most people think "that`s stupid"; but if you don`t, it will pass your image to the nearest "available" community support officer; who will follow you home; arrange for the Black Maria; and have you whisked off to a cell. :eek:

However, if you actually tell the camera who you are, (don`t lie, they have recognition systems - voice stress analysis blah deblah deblah), and insert your credit card, type in the pin, and the fine is automatically debited from your account. :x

This is a "one off" too. Next time you do something wrong, the camera will recognise you, pull up your details, and fine you without even bothering to tell you. X(

The litter / piece of fruit / twig will still be on the ground. They don`t want it clean. They want you to pay for having it cleaned. :_|

And, oh yeah. Those who don`t drop litter can NOT have a reduction on their poll tax bill (What? Same tax, different name. Don`t be naive.). :(

Are you SURE I`m talking nonsense?

Want to look at this again in a few years?

I don`t.

:(

reduction on their poll tax bill

Man, that is sooo 80's - it has been Council tax for 20 years. :^O

Hmmmmmmmmmm, maybe the Gatso hit squad should branch out a bit further?

I can just imagine some machine telling me too "Identify" myself for dropping/placing that apple core in a place where it would break down naturally.

Yeah okay, now wheres that sugar/glycerine/Pottasium Manganate mix? B)

And that makes it different? How?
The Poll tax was paid by everyone over 18 - I believe? it is also spelt "Poll" - the new version is only paid by one tennant (even jointly - only one payment). and it is spelt "Council".

it is also about

The Poll tax was paid by everyone over 18 - I believe? it is also spelt "Poll" - the new version is only paid by one tennant (even jointly - only one payment). and it is spelt "Council".it is also about

Problem with CCTV is that it just doesn't work!

As I recall a senior copper recently said most of the images are next to useless and there seems not to be a standard format used.

Anyhow all CCTV does is to move the 'problem' elsewhere that has no CCTV coverage. So it doesn't really stop anti-social behaviour.

And the fact that this country has the most cameras per head of population in the world just brings '1984' to life! And as for ID cards! :_|

cameras need to introduced that can idenify people hidings under "Hoodies".

now there is an invention. :p

** Whistles on his way to the workshop/shed **

cameras need to introduced that can idenify people hidings under "Hoodies".now there is an invention. :p
You just get the 'talking' ones to tell them they are on 'Ant and Dec' and they'll win

HOODS!!???? :( you been watching too many American movies m8! :eek:

you'll be telling us next that you've just got to unload 'THE TRUNK'! :_| :_|
Aye - the trunk of the dead body that was in the boot of the....

what`s the nickname for your motor again J?

"window-licker"?

:^O :^O:^O

(Looks like steptoe`s `orse!!)

:^O :^O

They have them in Middlesbrough Town Centre and as well as telling people to stop killing each other on a Friday and Saturday night, and to pick up litter they give announcements about removing valuables from cars etc

They have them in Middlesbrough Town Centre and as well as telling people to stop killing each other on a Friday and Saturday night, and to pick up litter they give announcements about removing valuables from cars etc
You mean helping the thieves...

"Attention all drug dealers.. the owner of the blue ford focus just hid their lap top in the boot!"..

"Silver Megan has a nice Sat nav, owner just gone in hairdressers.. will be gone for half hour plus"....

"Easy pickings available from the green Astra.. nice Hi-Fi & Rolex watch left in glove box.. owner at the gym.. not back till 11:30".

:) :) :eek: :D:D:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O