Temporary Installations...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
When you go to a job that is going to be or is gutted, but needs a supply for tradesmens powertools etc - you fit a temporary supply (Most sparks have one that they have knocked up for this very occassion).

I would be interested to see the Temp supply that you have made for this very purpose, and therefore - started this thread for you to add your pics to. We all like pics on here. :)

Many Thanks,

Admin.

PS This thread is for PICS of your TEMP SUPPLY and a description ONLY - This one is NOT to go off topic - or I will send Brian around. :eek:

:C

may aswell show off again...

DSCF1371.jpg

usually connected via this (and a SPNE to TPNE adapter)

DSCF2645.jpg

or sometimes this

DSCF2646.jpg

with this (or others)plugged in - this has a 30mA inline RCD

DSCF2647.jpg

Did you meant to reply to the cordless drill thread or have you gone totally mad?
:Salute :eek: :p

No power on site....

need temp supply...

temp supply = muscle power....

No I havent got a clue what I meant...

perhaps the answer should have been micro-generation systems cannot have earths exported into a confined space because you will go mad trying to fix smoke rated eaves light into the 2391-10 sylabus..............

or something like that..

I think....

Has Deke ate the dog or the string?

or did the dog string Deke's stilettos to his garter belt???

and KME's taken Badger on holiday to fix the lights at the Old Jamaica INN where they don't sell Lilt???

Or do they????????????????

GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

I am going home!!

nope

I am home!! :eek: :Blushing:Blushing:Blushing

But you do have some very good temporary connection boards Andy, quite possibly setting too high a standard for others to follow. It just shows what can be done with a little bit of design and good workmanship. I guess the time and effort you took making those boards has been recovered with convenience and efficiencies on site? Doc H.
they are fairly easy to build. kinda like a test rig Admin & a few others have made. only difference is it only has sockets and is in a case

I site I worked on years ago had a lovely temp supply board, which was just that - a board, laid on the floor.

No-one was happy when I accidentally tipped over the kettle onto one of the sockets and the "electrician" on site couldn't get the RCD to reset (for some reason - probably the socket still full of water?).

I told him it was his fault for using such a ****ing stupid and inadequate design.