Tesco Burgers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just found...

o-FINDUS-570.jpg

526440_481367568589663_1614461331_n.jpg

and a funny example of exploitation

Bookmaker Paddy Power joined in the fun, offering odds on which animal would be the next to make its way into Britain's food chain - the favourite was deer at 2/1, followed by donkey (5/2), dog (4/1) and rabbit (6/1).

Bigfoot, penguin and lion meat came in as the long shots at 100/1.

The bookmaker also speculated on where horsemeat will turn up next. Doner kebab meat comes in as 2/1 favourite, a nose in front of 9/4  Crispy Pancakes. Even vegetarian fare is priced with vegetarian lasagne offered at 40/1.

Apparently now the fake beef has been found in Tesco bolognese! As they say 'every little helps' get you past the finishing line for the day?

All we need to know now is how long has it been going on?

Having heard on Radio 4 this a.m that some meatballs

have been withdrawn from sale I think it may be the time

to refrain from calling anything out of a supermarket

"The Dog's B*****ks."

With a nod and a wink to Zee's post about the fishy content,

this accolade may be passe.

Yes, I have checked the spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dont see the problem,

at least horse is edible,

I really enjoyed it in France,

would we all be complaining if it was venison?

I suppose some people will cry at anything,

I'd happily eat dog,

its suddenly a big issue now that people know that its horse, nobody has complained about the taste as far as i am aware.

FFS, its dead animal, cows are hardly that far apart on DNA,?

are they?

I dunno,  :C

maybe Apache can help out on that one.

Donkey kebab   anyone ?

I really dont see the problem,

at least horse is edible,

I really enjoyed it in France,

would we all be complaining if it was venison?

I suppose some people will cry at anything,

I'd happily eat dog,

its suddenly a big issue now that people know that its horse, nobody has complained about the taste as far as i am aware.

FFS, its dead animal, cows are hardly that far apart on DNA,?

are they?

I dunno,  :C

maybe Apache can help out on that one.
Long before this fiasco,I always wondered what people that bought a family size lasagne for about £4 thought they were eating 

A friend of mine went online and bought a couple of horse steaks (along with a few other exotic meats) Ill update you as to the taste when hes had them :)

I imagine theyll taste like Findus Lasagne

I don't have a problem eating horse meat.

I do have a problem eating meat which has not been raised and controlled for human consumption, in that it could have been fed anything or pumped with any drug or substance known to man before being put into the human food chain!

I do have a problem eating meat which has not been raised and controlled for human consumption, in that it could have been fed anything or pumped with any drug or substance known to man before being put into the human food chain!
I have no problem with eating Horse meat, I do have a problem with   paying for it as Beef which is 5 times more expensive than horse

You say that but they use a lot of antibiotics and hormonal growth promoters in Argentinian beef that have been banned here for decades. We still buy and eat their beef.

i thought everything tasted like chicken.........what are we going to find in the chicken pies?

:slap

funny you mention chicken,

the mrs was just saying that she got some chicken skewers from a street vendor on holiday last year in Thailand, they were a bit tough,

thats when she was told it was dog.!  :eek:   :slap