Test Sheets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im just starting to fill out my own test sheets at work. I just wanted some advise on some points on the sheets.

First of all on the main switch Characteristics it asks for the bs en number for the main switch it says 100A and AC22A is this the number or just a model number?

Also With the circuit description its has reference methods for how it has been wired. For the SWA we have put in goes into a duct and buried under the floor. I had a look in the regs book 16th edition and all i could fine was method 12 and 13 is this the right one for this.

Also on the circuit results, the board we are using is a main switch and rcd 7 x 7 is it ok to use just 7 lines for the main switch and 7 spaces for the rcd on the same sheet.

Cheers;\

Main switches usually are to BS 60947-3 Older ones BS 5419 RCD main switches should be to BS61008. Not sure about reference methods but they are in red book.

Batty

Hi GuysIm just starting to fill out my own test sheets at work. I just wanted some advise on some points on the sheets.

First of all on the main switch Characteristics it asks for the bs en number for the main switch it says 100A and AC22A is this the number or just a model number?
Is this a Volex jobbie??

"AC22A" most certainly is BS 60947

written on the side... not visible once in the CU...

TIP:- note number before mount in enclosure

or..

if existing job.. already fitted..

check manufactures websites.. or wholesalers product spec..

it will most often be listed somewhere there? ;)

Also With the circuit description its has reference methods for how it has been wired. For the SWA we have put in goes into a duct and buried under the floor. I had a look in the regs book 16th edition and all i could fine was method 12 and 13 is this the right one for this.

Also on the circuit results' date=' the board we are using is a main switch and rcd 7 x 7 is it ok to use just 7 lines for the main switch and 7 spaces for the rcd on the same sheet.

Cheers;\[/quote']

why doing to 16th???

Installation method codes are different in 17th!!! :)

why doing to 16th???

Installation method codes are different in 17th!!! :)
Because we did the work before the 17th came into effect so still to 16th am i correct?

yeah it is a volex jobbie as u put it :^O

cheers

Yh Apache i know that but there was no mention of a cu going on fire.

OY OY that was my joke :_|
Sorry Slips. :_|

It's a certain make of CU that the DPFE is used for. :eek:

Sparky999, I am NOT mentioning any names. Besides, Slips started it.

You are qualified better than anyone to use the DPFE, Sparky999. :D

Cheers Admin.

Whats the certain make of ccu?

ill try and stay clear so i dont have to use my expertise on it. :)

Cheers Admin.Whats the certain make of ccu?

ill try and stay clear so i dont have to use my expertise on it. :)
It's a certain make of CU that the DPFE is used for.
how%20they%20look.gif
Sparky999, I am NOT mentioning any names. Besides, Slips started it.
;)