The end of the General Service Lamp.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
The Government are phasing out most of the incandescent lamps we use.

See the DEFRA site for more details!

Each house currently has on average around 23.5 light bulbs.

how on earth can you get half a light bulb? :^O :^O:^O:^O

Each house currently has on average around 23.5 light bulbs.how on earth can you get half a light bulb? :^O :^O:^O:^O
It's the half a smashed one that's in the bin! :^O

Each house currently has on average around 23.5 light bulbs.how on earth can you get half a light bulb? :^O :^O:^O:^O
Why didn't they say approximately 23 bulbs? ; \

It is a voluntary agreement after all. I suspect that you will still be able to source them.

Some incandescents will still be available (oven lights etc) as there is no alternative. Theatrical lights will still be filament for some time yet (However Radiohead's new stage lighting set is ALL LED [it looks amazing! :^O ])

I am intrigued by this mention of 'A-shaped GLS'? What is it? I always thought that GLS types were determined by the base types!

Hello all

All this talk of energy saving light bulbs makes me think. Standard gls bulbs 20-30p each not much tax. Energy saving bulbs anything from

It is a voluntary agreement after all. I suspect that you will still be able to source them.Some incandescents will still be available (oven lights etc) as there is no alternative. Theatrical lights will still be filament for some time yet (However Radiohead's new stage lighting set is ALL LED [it looks amazing! :^O ])

I am intrigued by this mention of 'A-shaped GLS'? What is it? I always thought that GLS types were determined by the base types!
Can`t provide any details, can you mate? ?:| :x

Where they living? in a mansion?

Just counted my lightbulbs i've only got 14!

I've got 26 (including table lamps etc). About half are energy savers ( :D ) but there are 9 tungsten halogens ( :eek: )