the names bond....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
Just finished a job, wiring up a football club and changing room...

And there is a bit of an argument between my boss and a sparky who is on the football committee... who is really P**Sing every one off!

My boss recons that we only need to bond to the main bonding to services (OIL & Water) and only cross bonding on the boiler.

The other spark (who is nothing to do with the installation) is saying that we should be cross bonding all sinks in the changing rooms, and kitchen as well??

I am only the apprentice, who is learning, so would like to know that the "Done" thing is.

Many thanks

wired to 17th. edition only main equipotetial bonding required as long as disconnection times can be met, water / gas / oil / steel structure CJS

i though that maybe the case as most things are now RCD protected,

Regarding structre bonding do you just bolt it to the metel work? or do you need multipull points?

We talking a Proper catrering kitchen here? (as it is a rugby club).

I know in domestic there are no requirements to Supp bond a kitchen.

But in commercial, especially where there are a lot of fixed or hard standing metalwork work areas, where a person can touch an appliance and the metal work at the same time etc, I, personally WOULD Supp bond them.

But, Let's see what the other's say.

:|

Ah, If it RCD or RCBO protected and Disc times are met - then we are talking about a different kettle of fish.

Because RCD RCBO provide additional protection that would be required if disconnection times cannot be met and you have already provided it CJS

Yes, But - As said, ONLY if your diconnection times are met. :)

Consider metal work tops/ sinks etc etc and faulty appliance making live connection to surface but not necessarily to neutral or earth of appliance.... I would bond back to easily accessible socket as a minimum. As I understand it RCBOs are additional protection in these circumstances and should not be considered main protection, but would have to look up extranuous conductive parts to give a more definitve answer. Its a bit like bonding to frontplate of metal sockets, light switches etc. I also used to work with someone who was nearly killed by such circumstances whilst visiting a chinese factory - the chinese guy he was with died.

Latest posts