The NHS - The backlash! ;)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There will not be an NHS much longer. The tory twats have ALREADY privatised it... You did not know???? Ah, well, that is because you spend too much time listening to their lies..

Branson has already been sold Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust, and, so far as i know, a few more....

Now, why would he want to buy an NHS trust?? After all, the NHS is a free service, hardly going to make any money!!

Errrm... more tory lies!!! They have caught you once again.. [my my, you lot go round with your eyes shut...]

Think i am deluded???? Think I am the "friend of terrorists" ???? .. Well i suggest you read on...

"The services provided as part of the health service in England must be free of charge except in so far as the making and recovery of charges is expressly provided for by or under any enactment, whenever passed.”

Like that bit do you???? It is part of the "health and social care act 2012" [Part one, section one, paragraph four to be precise] Have a look for yourselves.. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/7/pdfs/ukpga_20120007_en.pdf

So, we have established that they can now start to charge whenever they like.... Let us see what a doctor thinks about it shall we???? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/mar/30/health-act-means-death-of-nhs

Hmmm. he is not a happy bunny is he???

So you lot that think that; "Thatcher gave you everything" and that, with the tory rules on inheritance tax, you will be able to leave your house to your kids etc. think again, INHERITANCE TAX WILL NEVER AFFECT NORMAL PEOPLE....

Once you are old, [and it comes to us all] in order to have health care you WILL be charged... [we have already established that bit above]

Guess what will happen to your house???? YOU WILL NOT HAVE ONE TO LEAVE!!!! Dream on, the government will have siezed it and sold it for you...

If this offends anyone TOUGH, I am far more interested in the abolition of the health service, the finest thing we have in britain, which the tory liars have broken up to sell to their friends...

Oh, and if anyone thinks that any part of the above is untrue, let them produce documentary evidence, [as i have done]

john...

I have worked in the NHS, I was an approved electrician to HTMO standards for both low voltage and high voltage. I left some years ago, though I still used my skills and knowledge up to Christmas this year.

In January I went for an interview, it was one of those three stage jobbies, a telephone interview, a skills assessment and a formal interview.

The lead electrician spoke to me over the phone, asking questions relative to the post advertised, he told me I was the best candidate as my knowledge was the best they had seen.

Onto the interview, well it did not go well, it was clear that whilst being a highly qualified electrical engineer, he did not have a clue about the testing of medical locations, and at one point I had to correct him as to what resistance and impedance mean.

The trouble is the guy who was there to ask the technical questions was surrounded by his management team, I made him look bad in front of them. His only reply was that I was probably over qualified for the job advertised. I held my breath, I was going to say, well let me know if your job comes up, but refrained.

The building was built using public money, and the NHS are just tenants,over time it will revert to full ownership of the NHS but not before the fat cats have made their money.

There will not be an NHS much longer. The tory twats have ALREADY privatised it... You did not know???? Ah, well, that is because you spend too much time listening to their lies..

Branson has already been sold Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust, and, so far as i know, a few more....

Now, why would he want to buy an NHS trust?? After all, the NHS is a free service, hardly going to make any money!!

Errrm... more tory lies!!! They have caught you once again.. [my my, you lot go round with your eyes shut...]

Think i am deluded???? Think I am the "friend of terrorists" ???? .. Well i suggest you read on...

"The services provided as part of the health service in England must be free of charge except in so far as the making and recovery of charges is expressly provided for by or under any enactment, whenever passed.”

Like that bit do you???? It is part of the "health and social care act 2012" [Part one, section one, paragraph four to be precise] Have a look for yourselves.. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/7/pdfs/ukpga_20120007_en.pdf

So, we have established that they can now start to charge whenever they like.... Let us see what a doctor thinks about it shall we???? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/mar/30/health-act-means-death-of-nhs

Hmmm. he is not a happy bunny is he???

So you lot that think that; "Thatcher gave you everything" and that, with the tory rules on inheritance tax, you will be able to leave your house to your kids etc. think again, INHERITANCE TAX WILL NEVER AFFECT NORMAL PEOPLE....

Once you are old, [and it comes to us all] in order to have health care you WILL be charged... [we have already established that bit above]

Guess what will happen to your house???? YOU WILL NOT HAVE ONE TO LEAVE!!!! Dream on, the government will have siezed it and sold it for you...

If this offends anyone TOUGH, I am far more interested in the abolition of the health service, the finest thing we have in britain, which the tory liars have broken up to sell to their friends...

Oh, and if anyone thinks that any part of the above is untrue, let them produce documentary evidence, [as i have done]

john...
Well ye,

And I don't have to produce the evidence,

Its public knowledge that cirbyn courted terrorists in the houses of Parliament,

Its also public knowledge that labour supported the hunger strikers in Northern Ireland

Its also public knowledge that labour support the terrorist aim of a united ireland

So, who is the terrorist sympathiser,?

Apart from the fact @apprentice87 that you seem hell bent in turning every thread you can into an anti Tory pro labour one, you do seem to have some intelligence, please don't continually degenerate the forum by making every subject you can political just because it suits your agenda.

BTW, there are many more things that are bit public knowledge the labour party have done that supported terrorism, 

Please do not tell me who the terrorist supporters are with so much evidence against them.

PS, labour opposed the task force to the Falklands, and also think that Gibraltar should be Spanish,, ,,   

As long as the NHS is free at point of use I really do not care how else it is dressed up. If privatisation means a better service then I see no issue. 

In its current form the waste of money is horrendous. At least the Tory Party are at least attempting to evolve the NHS. 

Like it or not the NHS in its current state cannot continue. 

it was started under Thathcer, Tory Blair continued with the Tory policies.

Whatever the past it is very much under threat today, so question is, are you prepard to fight to keep it?

Germany and France spend more per capita on health than the UK. Neither of these countries employ 1.7 million people in the state sector in health. Blinding continuing on a path which was first conceived in the last 1940's in 2016 is foolish in the extreme.

There are very many good things about the UK and equally there are many bad things. My wife works as a midwife and my brother in law as a hospital inspector - so this allows me to hear, first hand, what is going on.

The demographics of the UK are changing fast and the NHS is struggling to keep up. What the successive Governments don't disclose if the spend per head, nor will they disclose where all the money goes (don't even ask about the unfunded public sector pensions).

I would happily pay an extra 1% on my NI bill if it ALL went to the NHS, I would also pay to see my doctor (we've had private dentists for over 20 years) and its way past the time that people "abusing" A&E can expect treatment for free. There is a vast difference between ambulances arriving at A&E with car crash victims and drunks on Friday nights.

Blindly continuing down the path that the NHS should be free for all, at the point of need, is not sustainable - the sooner the UK faces up to the need for change, the sooner the NHS can start to adapt for the 21st century.

Oh yes, I would agree that they all have a hand in wrecking it, but the tory lot were the "architects" of privatisation with the "PFI" thing they started, but yes, others carried on with the thing as you say.. Difference is, things like "PFI" were not done secretly, in the way that clauses permitting charging have been.

I do agree that drunks and the like should be held responsible for the costs they incur, it would be better not to treat them to be honest..

Problem is you see, if you charge people and then apportion blame, where does it end?? fat people? ones that smoke? drive cars? go on aeroplanes?? People with genetic tendencies towards illness?? People with congential conditions??

I would have no problem with charging someone to see a doctor, as, i know a lot of people that go on nearly a weekly basis when there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They have turned their kids into hypochondriacs too.. I know one person that thought it was ok to go to the accident and emergency department because, wait for it, a cat, [their own] scratched them???

BUT, once you start charging, where does it end?? I go to a private dentist though, but although it might incur a cost or several hundred pounds, i only go when forced to!! [Twice in about 6 years now..] so all in all, i do not mind the cost!!

john..

Problem is you see, if you charge people and then apportion blame, where does it end?? fat people? ones that smoke? drive cars? go on aeroplanes?? People with genetic tendencies towards illness?? People with congential conditions??

I would have no problem with charging someone to see a doctor, as, i know a lot of people that go on nearly a weekly basis when there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They have turned their kids into hypochondriacs too.. I know one person that thought it was ok to go to the accident and emergency department because, wait for it, a cat, [their own] scratched them???

BUT, once you start charging, where does it end?? I go to a private dentist though, but although it might incur a cost or several hundred pounds, i only go when forced to!! [Twice in about 6 years now..] so all in all, i do not mind the cost!!

john..

I would say charge for doctors appointments, double for no shows (same for wasted hospital appointments) and drunks in A&E.

People always value things they have to pay for.

Really, didn't realise the nhs was so cheap, if that's the case what's all the fuss about budget cuts cos my Nic contributions haven't gone down? 

Sometimes Essex you really do show your age. 

What are you on about?  

Hmm it was Winston Churchill who broke the tax system whereby NI paid for health, road tax paid for roads etc etc, but I actually would be quite happy to pay higher taxation if the money is going to provide good services.

The other point about who pays most tax, businesses benefit from healthy workers, the wealthy stay healthy and wealthy because they don't die from diseases passed on from the poor, so it's in thir interest to pat tax, not that most would agree I dare say.

Last edited by a moderator:
all by himself of course, and you could try the disaster that invading the 'soft underbelly or Europe' was? And anyway, facts are facts,  Churchill's government is responsible for pooling all taxation in 1 pot to be redistributed across all departments

out of interest Steps, are your political views considered 'moderate' by Northern Irish standards?

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Churchill win the war!!!! When we invaded normandy [thanks to american help] we out numbered the germans [already weakened by 4 years of war] about 10 to 1. Without american help we would have been finished...

Leaving that aside, the RUSSIANS won the war. Make no mistake at all about that.. Fully 80% of german soldiers killed, were killed fighting the russians. Without them, the germans would have totally stuffed everyone else. Churchill was a loony, a 1940's blair.... Take a look at dresden...

john...