The NHS - The backlash! ;)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did Churchill win the war!!!! When we invaded normandy [thanks to american help] we out numbered the germans [already weakened by 4 years of war] about 10 to 1. Without american help we would have been finished...

Leaving that aside, the RUSSIANS won the war. Make no mistake at all about that.. Fully 80% of german soldiers killed, were killed fighting the russians. Without them, the germans would have totally stuffed everyone else. Churchill was a loony, a 1940's blair.... Take a look at dresden...

john...

Hum..... no Germany LOST the war, as soon as Hitler decided to abandon the invasion of the UK and decided to bring Russia into the war!

Scrooge2S.jpg.b70eef69a2979efd6c07cf6fa77ac098.jpg

Yes it is your fault and as I told you when you PM’d me “if you want to start a political argument, start your own”.​

out of interest Steps, are your political views considered 'moderate' by Northern Irish standards?
Yes they are, and i'm from the other side of the fence. Obviously I disagree with everything he says.

Unionists are by and large tory sycophants and Nationalists are pro-labour/tory haters. 

PS steps it gives for rain on the 12th :)

Yes they are, and i'm from the other side of the fence. Obviously I disagree with everything he says.

Unionists are by and large tory sycophants and Nationalists are pro-labour/tory haters. 

PS steps it gives for rain on the 12th :)

:slap @rapparee

Its rains almost every frking day in Manchester anyway,,,,

Ye, I'd actually agree, most unionists would be anti labour, (I'm not pro Tory either ,,,, ) 

And most nationalists would be anti tory,

Although I recently took a survey that said I was a nationalist,   :pmsl1:

But, I have mellowed a lot as I've got older

I am glad this is an electrician forum and not an historical forum. There is far more to history than the recent. The NHS was born in the very early years between the first and second world wars, as war became more probable, politicians were concerned about the loss of life that they witnessed during the first world war. At that time no provisions were made for the families of soldiers who went to fight for their country. Widows had no pension, unless their husband was an officer, widows and their children had to be cared for by their families. The government could not face the popular if that ever occurred again,to protect themselves they started negotiations as early as 1934.

This gave rise to not only the NHS but a benefits system, and eventually a widows pension scheme and ultimately a widows compensation scheme.

So who won the second world war?

What a stupid question. Leningrad was a massacre, an all out loss, for both sides, putting vast numbers against equal numbers in terrible conditions, just ups the headcount.

For most people the problems with NI started in 1971, try a hundred years before! Just less in reality, but nonetheless not recent.

There is plenty of information at your fingertips these days, I suggest you all use it and then give an informed view, instead of trying to score brownie points against other members who are less informed.

Argument and debate is an act of presenting evidence that you believe to be correct,we all know that this information can be corrupt, by your enthusiasm to accept all the facts, by bias reports (just look at our journalists) by conviction, or by education.

If any person disagrees with what I say, I ask them for the evidence, I then digest that evidence, cross checking and come to a conclusion. If proved wrong I will congratulate that person, if I disagree I will continue the debate with counter claim, such is debate and argument.

be nice keep it factual, and remember if it ever gets personal you have lost.

Latest posts