The Real World

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodnight Ext Mate. be off myself soon. :z

To answer the original question , I think if you go by the Holy Book you would never get the job started. But work within the general guide lines.

In the days of the 14th edition ( Metric) ( The one that blesed us with 2.5 solid core cr*p cable instead of the stranded 7.029) we had guy woring with us called the "Gunfighter" because he carried a copy in his back pocket and would whip it out to check we were working to the Book.

Deke

So tell me guys...How many of you worship the book (you know which one)?

Live, sleep and work by it, end of?

Or accept the real world of electrics (but keep within the regs)?

; \
Well extension15 my friend... :D

Today (A kitchen job)........And I'm back there tomorrow, to finish the first fix...Pray

Plasterer has removed ceiiling, and would you believe it, more JB's than apples on a tree... ]:)

But then I only removed what I could, installed crimps/heatshrink as appropriate (remove JB's).........................

Added new ring/bonding and feed to garage....

Come 2nd fix, 17th CU installed, everything on RCD, bonding in place, what the * could be a problem eh guys?

(Nothing, unless the client really wants to electrocute themselves..: O)

:)

To answer the original question , I think if you go by the Holy Book you would never get the job started. But work within the general guide lines.In the days of the 14th edition ( Metric) ( The one that blesed us with 2.5 solid core cr*p cable instead of the stranded 7.029) we had guy woring with us called the "Gunfighter" because he carried a copy in his back pocket and would whip it out to check we were working to the Book.

Deke
I agree Dekel, that stranded cable you mention, is in the installation I'm working on at the moment....

Applaud Smiley