The Two New Electrical Registers: "electricsafe" & "electrical Safety Register"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree,

at present my business model has absolutely NO benefit from spending £xx on becoming a member of any scam,

it would NOT increase my profit margin at this time,

but, it may do so in the near future.

You have a free choice to leave any scheme and join any scheme....

So there is nothing stopping you joining the option to allow you to be on both registers!

What I cannot understand is how anyone who is running their own business..

hasn't grasped the concept of a free market and customer choice...

No one legally has to be a member of any contractor body...

Anyone joining any contractor scheme chooses from their own free will as a customer of that chosen scheme...

Each of the schemes are free to carry out whatever actions they choose to promote their interests and brand image...

Biased has nothing to do with it...... Just a free market business!

You may as well moan that Tesco's don't promote or sell ASDA own brand goods!!!!

Or say its not fair some contractors can quote a cheaper hourly rate then me...

Or say its not fair that my overheads are different to yours...

Or say all customer should also look in Yellow Pages as well as a safety register!!

:popcorn
I agree and understand the points you made. I would prefer to not have any schemes or be a member of any scheme or to have them for free, but in the real world I guess I should be a member of one of them, if only to make notification easier and cheaper. I could be on both registers but that would incur another large fee.

Are you a member of a scheme? and if so why did you join one?

I joined to make notification easier. and I chose one that would be less intrusive on my business and wouldn't charge extras.

Do you notify your work or do you tell the customer to do it and make them pay the charges?

My point is that I don't really like the whole system the way it is but if we are to make it work for us it should be more inline with the GasSafe register, at least it might help educate some of our customers. I agree there will always be the cowboy element and it won't always help everyone to choose a good tradesman.

Out of interest how do other Electricians go about notifying their work !!?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the ESC is changing its name  to ESF, and talks are that the the two registers will link up under one combined name.

I think its safe to say its all a mess now, too many white shirts poking their noses in.

[SIZE=12pt]Electrical test and tagging[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] are extremely important whenever you are using an electric-based equipment or appliance. There are several benefits of doing so. By regular resting and tagging, you can ensure your safety, guarantee good maintenance and avoid hassles of insurance claims in the event of any accident. [/SIZE]