Thinking of starting your own Business as a Soletrader? Electrician or Electrical co?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
If the answer is 'Yes', then Thanks to KME and Myself, we have put together a page as Guidance for you.

Click to visit our Business Page.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers that may come in helpful pretty soon, planning to start my own part time business, as well as continue with my job, hopefully get it going full time in the next few years,if i can build up a good customer base

Great news! Brilliant info! I think any one starting up at this moment in time needs all the help they can get! The support of the forum is really appreciated!

On behalf of KME and Myself.

;) ; )

I`ll provide my own, thanks ADMIN. ;) :D :x :x:x

"You`re welcome. We know how hard it can be, to set up on your own. We`ve seen some of the pitfalls, and having a wife & forum member, who is also a book keeper, is a definite advantage. More info on the business page coming up over the weekend, including tax, banking, and advertising. (the three biggies, with respect to your money!!!)

The two main areas I can not get into are employment laws, and VAT. We`re a partnership, but no employees ( other than occasional casual!) ; and I don`t plan on being VAT reg`d anytime soon

hi all

I'm new to the forum and trying to set up on my own as a domestic installer.The business page has some very good tips and advice.cheers

Hi,

The business post is a great idea and full of great advice and some points I had not considered, many thanks:D

hi there, quick question:

Can you be self employed and not be an approved electrician. I am not sure what happens about test certifcates etc if your just an electrician????

i see the word approved used alot, its JUST a JIB grade thats all.

its got nothing to do with if you are self employed.

the reason i ask is because when i sigh test sheets just now, they then get signed by my supervisor and basically i want to start part time self employment but wasnt sure if i would need someone else to sign the test certificates.

Didn't work for me a while back but the one on the menu bar does so I just used that and put it down to a site redesign and an old post.

Ian.

the page is not opening for me
Hello a1pacino, I think you may need to click the link on the second line of the blue menu bar at the top of the forum, "Bushiness Page", not the link from Admins first post?

Doc H.

Status
Not open for further replies.