This Corona Virus . Ongoing thread for comments .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A neighbour across the road  has it  .   His wife had it first , for just over a week , at home self medicating  , he presumably contracted it from her  , taken to hospital five weeks ago , not sounding good .   In their middle 40,s .  

I heard a discussion  on the radio where they said children  were hardly affected  , then older people , which we know ,     then something about the immune  system  is stronger in women  because its based on the X chromosome  ,  women have  two X ,s     men are mutations  with XY   so don't cope so well  .        

Just starting to hear the conspiracies  ,   germ warfare gone wrong etc.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we had it.  SWMBO certainly had a flue like illness for a few days, a headache and a high temperature and a cough.  A few days later our daughter  said "I think I am getting a cold" but it never came to anything.  Me, I had a slight cough for 1 day.

Was that "it" I would love to know, but probably never will.

Talk of it being in the UK since September. 

The SiL was treated for pleurisy and pneumonia (eventually diagnosed as such) just after Christmas that came from nowhere. Before Covid-19 was in common parlance. The extended family have all had something since.

I had what I referred to SWMBO of the "weirdest cold ever" a little while ago. My ANKLES ached. No sore throat per se and initially no snotty nose. Chest pain but only really on the lhs where I have a weakness anyway from.an infection years ago. My toes looked bruised too like I'd stubbed them. Memory was screwed and tired all the time.

I just hope I've had it.

Old boy in the next village has died from it as a confirmed case.

Trials in the States giving male patients oestrogen shots in the hope the female hormone gives some protection. This on the basis more men are dying than women.

Wife was ill,after Xmas.    Constant cough, aches , headache etc. Doctors, antibiotics did nothing. Sputum tests.  Different antis as previous ones wouldn't work on what she had. Still no change.   Different antis again, she is allergic to penicillin BUT these had penicillin in them and she took the risk. Sorted it out BUT only really got right a couple of weeks ago

i had something beginning of Feb. Headaches, ached all over, sore throat, felt spaced out. Ended up having a week off work ( I'm never off work). Lost half a stone and it took a few weeks to,get back to normal. I would love to know if we have had it

Well, in January I had a terrible cold / flu type virus with a dry cough that lasted about 3 weeks. My “symptoms” included:

dry cough

temperatures

loose bowels at times

raging head aches

sore throat

feeling faint at times, often feeling a bit “spaced” out

unable to work full days and going to bed at 9pm which is about 2 hours earlier than normal

also I really didn’t want to drink - which is very unlike me

1 weeks gentle walking in the Lakes finally saw me shot of it

guess I’ll never know if it was this virus or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Our youngest (22) lives in Portsmouth, works for Wetherspoons..

so loads of Pub-customer contacts... including bods arriving by sea from various ferries and Royal Navy craft + other nationality navy vessels...

He was up with us for Christmas then back home by his birthday on 6 Jan...

But by then he was mega ill with flu-like symptoms for several days....

So we are thinking...  has he had it..

If Yes..... Was he a carrier before he came up for Christmas?

So.. Have we been in contact with it???

dunno dunno dunno??????????

It would be very very very nice to have a test to confirm if we have been in contact with the virus!!!

Guinness  

AND....

my Wife's boss at her work had some really weird flu-like symptoms, maybe Jan or Feb time?

I have a gut feeling that one helluva a lot of the population has already been in contact with someone...

and/or had symptoms they have just shrugged off as bad flu!

We will probably NEVER know..

Bit like asking...   How many have had the common cold in Feb 2020???

:C

SWMBO had a reallty really bad cold in January as well. That followed a Christmas get together with relatives from all over the UK and the family from Australia, they were the ones that had the cough at the get together so it was they that imported it from down under. 

Recent research has shown that the modified BCG vaccine (TB) could be a suitable vaccine for this. Luckily ( not really the correct word but I cannot think of an alternative  ) I had 3 years of this after my cancer operations. This treatment finished about 2 years ago and my thoughts are that this reduced the effects of what I had...pure speculation BUT it's my gut feeling.  My frequent checks were put on hold when this all started and I was due in  beginning of April. Got a call from Hospital on Monday morning before the official announcement , "What are you doing next Tuesday at 11:40?. Answer.....you're coming here for your check".   I get on very well,with the team there and am surprised/pleased that I am going back so quickly. I shall ask them about my theory when I go in.

I just heard on R4  ( So it must be true )   that smokers are more likely to catch this than non smokers ...however once infected, the effects are lessened by the presence of nicotine in the body .  

Not a good idea to start smoking though  as it effects nearly every organ in the body .   

A neighbour across the road  has it  .   His wife had it first , for just over a week , at home self medicating  , he presumably contracted it from her  , taken to hospital five weeks ago , not sounding good .   In their middle 40,s .  
Sadly I just heard that he  died yesterday , actually in his middle 50s   .     It certainly rings it home .

Well so much for "Social Distancing "    , neighbour has his extended family visit , in the garden , about ten people , kids & grown ups .       They just don't get it do they ?  

shoot them all. at least that way it should hopefully not be recorded as death by covid, then the stats (and death rates) will be lower for it, then we can get back to normal sooner

ok...

15 people died in the old peoples home about 2 miles from where i am sitting..

2 people have tested positive in the other old peoples home where my mum is, about 2 miles from here..

One old friend of mine, a large, powerful 57 year old nigthclub bouncer just died..

I know of another 2 people that died.

In my hospital, amongst the patients, we have had one confirmed case, and 4 suspected ones..

Of staff i am very close to, one girl was very ill, her boyfriend was in hospital for 5 days, his sister i think it is, is on a ventilator right now, another member of staff has it at the moment, and yet another had it but is now back in work, and these are just the staff i know very very well and see on a daily basis.. I know there are lots more that have had it..

Our hospital is being used to store the personal effects of those that have died in the other hospitals in the group... It is terrible to see.. There was one bag containing a LOT of money where one old person obviously kept their money under the bed and took it to the hospital for safekeeping.. The money survived, they did not.. reading the names on the bag is so sad.. some never even had a next of kin..

Lots of the bags will be destroyed as the relatives do not want the stuff back..

For the idiots that say "yes, but overall no more people are dying" Is that right?? Why are we having to store this stuff then as the general hospital has run out of room?? Why is the mortuary in the general hospital full to overflowing?? and why does the cemetary not 200 yards from here, the oldest municipal cemetary in the country, and i believe the largest too?? look like they are running digger drivers training courses, with even the pathways being dug up to make space, and have YOU ever seen a digger driver wearing full PPE and showering on site before they go home.. Something not right there..

Trust me... It is not over yet..

john..

That should go on national TV  .....folk are thinking it over now .      Certain sections of the communities totally ignored all the advice  which doesn't help  and I just heard on R5 that some hospitals are sending elderly patients BACK to their care homes still carrying the virus. 

The cemetary by me is closed.. All gates locked.. Next few days i will try to climb over the wall when they have gone home and take some photos.. There is a large filter bed in the cemetary that has not been touched in 40 or 50 years.. All of a sudden, all kinds of maintenance.. Do they think the virus could contaminate ground water???

I would like to take some photos of the stuff in the hospital, but it would be disrespectful to the deceased for one thing and i would be sacked too!!

All the retards, [general population, not the patients!] have been out today.. Expect a BIG spike in about 7 -10 days...

john...