Thought I might introduce meself

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Reaction score
I live in Horwich, virtually on the moors, my current job is almost finished and I can finish it anytime and draw a small pension (Gawd I'm not yet 50 and a b****y pensioner already. Trouble is it won't be enough to live on so I decided to get involved in electrics and have been under going training. Doing all right at the training think:) Need to take the plunge and go for it. I want to do domestic work and feel it'd be better to be with one of the registration bodies so I can self certify. Don't know whether to go with NICEIC or Elecsa or ECA but I think the latter two are part of the same company now. Anyone got any advice, is one better than the other etc? :|

Welcome to the forum Mike.

Elecsa, is certainly one of the more friendly scheme providers.

Don

Welcome.

NICEIC get a bad rap from some here, but I went with them purely because they are the name thats known by joe public.

My gut feeling was that NICEIC were the one joe public have heard of but having spoken to them and ordered stuff from them it seems like they're in a time warp and things only get sorted at one pace which appears a little quicker than stop. :eek: Have made enquirieswith Elecsa and they seem only too ready to help and sound much more user friendly

Evenin` mate.

I`m with NIC, and , as M107 says, some give them stick. I`ve never had a problem with them yet; but I`ve always been with them, so can`t provide a comparison. Again, my choice was primarily on who is best known to yon customer:)

Welcome Mikel.

It is my opinion that whichever of the scheme providers you go with..

If you don't do your homework & have all of the relevant entry requirements met then they will seem like baddies!

Whereas as long as you can reasonably prove & demonstrate your understanding & knowledge of current regs / testing / H&S

etc.. etc.. Then the assessor will appear to be a very reasonable and nice person.

I am with NICEIC.. as others have said, cuz in the eyes of Joe Public probably carries a bit more weight..

I have no complaints about how they treat you.. But then as I pointed out above..

I have no experience of the other schemes and I have always passed my assessments! :) ; \ ;)

In a nutshell:-

Whoever you go with will involve some investment of time, money & resources..

You have to decide what will give the best return for this business investment?

There are some jobs I have got which I believe are 99.9% due to the fact I am NICEIC.

Would I have got them i on another scheme... gut feeling NO!...

But then I could be wrong!? just an unproven Gut Feeling! :| :) :( ?:| ? :|

I think special location is so right, I've met so many people who seem to think everyone owes them something and they aren't bothered to put in the time and effort to get something right. I've training and doing 'minor work' for a while now and every oppertunity I get I practise testing and inspecting. Our house has been tested so much recently it's getting a complex. I was interested in how others saw the registration bodies, I think I'll follow my feelings and go with NICEIC as they do seem to be better jnown by the public. Thanks for all your input and making me feel welcome here

No Problem Mikel. 'Tis good to have you here Mate. :)

I think special location is so right, I've met so many people who seem to think everyone owes them something and they aren't bothered to put in the time and effort to get something right. I've training and doing 'minor work' for a while now and every oppertunity I get I practise testing and inspecting. Our house has been tested so much recently it's getting a complex. I was interested in how others saw the registration bodies, I think I'll follow my feelings and go with NICEIC as they do seem to be better jnown by the public. Thanks for all your input and making me feel welcome here
oooooohhhh!

Now theres a person I think I like!! :x :x:x:x

"I think special location is so right":)

"I think special location is so right":D

"I think special location is so right":^O:^O:^O:^O

YEP I like that phrase!! :x :p:p

If only my good lady was of the same opinion! :( :_| X(

No Problem Mikel. 'Tis good to have you here Mate.
Most certainly is if he says things like that...

Give him a free box of Twix's,

A crate of Steptoes beer,

A birthday cake that Flying Scotsman hasn't found yet,

And ALL of KME's Scoob's!!!! :D ] :) ]:) :^O :^O:^O:^O

Welcome Mikel, personally I wont touch NICEIC with a bargepole. (Bunch o Cnuts)

ELESCA seem to be the best body out there atm.

What makes you say that? do you think it varies with area's that you live, especially when it comes to being assessed for self certification. What makes Elecsa better in your opinion?