Thought I'd try some finger pickin' but .......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think , although the lady is left handed ,  she ,s  actually playing it upside down .    The guitar looks like it,s the standard stringing  so she,s adapted to it .   Paul McCartney  re-strings to suit being a left hander .    How can she dooooo that . ? 

I think , although the lady is left handed ,  she ,s  actually playing it upside down .    The guitar looks like it,s the standard stringing  so she,s adapted to it .   Paul McCartney  re-strings to suit being a left hander .    How can she dooooo that . ? 

Well granddaughter gave me a lesson and I had to play hers upside down! its easier than you think. Macca first played the right hand guitar upside down when he gave his audition to John Lennon.

Great  !!  How are your finger tips now ?     I wouldn't profess to teach anyone ,  BUT ... keep picking it up now  , strum away in 4/4  or 3/4 time  and keep changing from the one chord  to the other until they "sound right "    No muted strings etc .  

Then you notice your fingers "remember "   the shape .   When comfortable   throw in another chord . 

That’s the idea is it, my fingers tips told me fingers you’re to fat and short to play a guitar! I think they’d strike if I suggested another chord, probably me in the face. 

I struggle too mate ,  there are chords I'll never play , bloody fingers just won't go there .  B7  comes to mind  .    Stick to the easy ones and many songs can be transposed to your chords .  Did you say you had a folk  guitar ?  With a thin neck?  , your grand daughter  probably has no problem  but you will , so would I .  I had to replace folk guitar with a classical .   Shame as folk guitars sound really nice . 

I'd love to play guitar.

I have an acoustic guitar I asked for as a Christmas present with the intention of learning but haven't done anything yet.

I have a basic knowledge of music from when I played the flute as a nipper but haven't done that for 30 odd years.

My question is, is it possible to teach yourself? I don't expect to get all Jimi Hendrix on everyone but would love to be able to accompany myself while I sing. You know, basic chords and that. I love singing 🙂

Phil.

I'd love to play guitar.

I have an acoustic guitar I asked for as a Christmas present with the intention of learning but haven't done anything yet.

I have a basic knowledge of music from when I played the flute as a nipper but haven't done that for 30 odd years.

My question is, is it possible to teach yourself? I don't expect to get all Jimi Hendrix on everyone but would love to be able to accompany myself while I sing. You know, basic chords and that. I love singing 🙂

Phil.
but does everyone else love you to sing? 
and will your guitar match your singing abilities? 

there are loads of you tube videos of teaching guitar so don’t see why not, after all it’s only practice? 

but does everyone else love you to sing? 
and will your guitar match your singing abilities? 

there are loads of you tube videos of teaching guitar so don’t see why not, after all it’s only practice? 
Personally, I think I've got a decent singing voice and don't really care what everyone else thinks 😂

In my own mind, my guitar playing could never be as good as my singing abilities. No-one's could😉

I thought about the YouTube video route. I'll give that a go. I have a Man-cave so I could do it in there without upsett..... I mean impressing everyone. Cheers👍

Jeez, so now I’ve not only got to get one hand coordinated I’ve got to get rhythm in the other, this is more complicated then I thought, I need a drink, no wonder guitar players like a drink or two.