Tick Boxs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Tesla

Reaction score
Ok how is going with the new EICRs. Is everybody sure of the meaning of each tick box. I know a few of my colleagues and i have been unsure of a few of them. Industrial is one thing and domestic another so can we concentrate on domestic unless stated please.

3.3 Reduced low voltage...is SELV included in this as in the previous PIRs

4.0 Other methods of protection.....Are these all NA or do we tick such as "4.1 double insulation" when say a light fitting is double insulated?

5.12 RCDs provided for fault protection....I have been putting NA for this because that is not why the RCD is there unless the Zs is too high as in a TT system. A TNCS system will normally have a low enough Zs and so will trip the MCB in case of a fault without the RCD.

5.14 RCDs provided for protection against fire...Unless the installation is say at a farm amongst hay etc, then i would put a NA

6.2 Cables correctly supported throughout their length.....This may involve checking under floorboards on the ground floor(with a deep void) for eg, so could be LIM in some cases

6.18 Provision of fire barriers, sealing arrangements and protection against thermal effects.......Now i know in certain cases that intumescent material is required behind backboxes for sockets etc and fire grade foam and sealant is required in cases, but at the moment i am not sure what the regulations on this are.

6.21 Termination of cables at enclosures(identify numbers and locations of items inspected)

I assume this is more for an industrial inspection. Why ask for numbers and locations. Are say 5ft florescent fittings in kitchens classed as an enclosure? and if so do i have to mention this in section D?

7.1 & 7.2 capable of being secured in the off position....Now in the domestic scene many isolators not in the DB are normal switches such as a switched fused spur or a shower pull switch. These would not normally be able to be locked in the off position nor would it be necessary. would the answer then be NA

Also 8 pages, is somewhat excessive. Why do we have to sign and say the test was satisfactory TWICE. Why are the test results on 2 pages now?

Cheers, Thanks, Bin a pleasure, what a great help (76 views no replies) :coat

Ok how is going with the new EICRs. Is everybody sure of the meaning of each tick box. I know a few of my colleagues and i have been unsure of a few of them. Industrial is one thing and domestic another so can we concentrate on domestic unless stated please. 3.3 Reduced low voltage...is SELV included in this as in the previous PIRsyes

4.0 Other methods of protection.....Are these all NA or do we tick such as "4.1 double insulation" when say a light fitting is double insulated?yes

5.12 RCDs provided for fault protection....I have been putting NA for this because that is not why the RCD is there unless the Zs is too high as in a TT system. A TNCS system will normally have a low enough Zs and so will trip the MCB in case of a fault without the RCD.correct, most RCD's are for additional protection

5.14 RCDs provided for protection against fire...Unless the installation is say at a farm amongst hay etc, then i would put a NARCD for protection against fire would cover just about every TT

6.2 Cables correctly supported throughout their length.....This may involve checking under floorboards on the ground floor(with a deep void) for eg, so could be LIM in some cases lim

6.18 Provision of fire barriers, sealing arrangements and protection against thermal effects.......Now i know in certain cases that intumescent material is required behind backboxes for sockets etc and fire grade foam and sealant is required in cases, but at the moment i am not sure what the regulations on this are.

6.21 Termination of cables at enclosures(identify numbers and locations of items inspected)

I assume this is more for an industrial inspection. Why ask for numbers and locations. Are say 5ft florescent fittings in kitchens classed as an enclosure? and if so do i have to mention this in section D?anything that has electrical connections in it is an enclosure, you unless your 5ft florry light is wireless, then its an enclosure

7.1 & 7.2 capable of being secured in the off position....Now in the domestic scene many isolators not in the DB are normal switches such as a switched fused spur or a shower pull switch. These would not normally be able to be locked in the off position nor would it be necessary. would the answer then be NA

Also 8 pages, is somewhat excessive. Why do we have to sign and say the test was satisfactory TWICE. Why are the test results on 2 pages now? where do you get the 8 pages from? model forms in 7671 are only 5 pages, and the test results on 1 page (unles you have more than 1 DB or lots of circuits). and i prefer the new checklist to the old schedule of inspections
see red above

where do you get the 8 pages from? model forms in 7671 are only 5 pages, and the test results on 1 page (unles you have more than 1 DB or lots of circuits). and i prefer the new checklist to the old schedule of inspections

The new NICEIC form is 8 pages

4.0 Other methods of protection.....Are these all NA or do we tick such as "4.1 double insulation" when say a light fitting is double insulated?yes

Which yes....to the 1st or 2nd part of the question?

do i have to mention this in section D?anything that has electrical connections in it is an enclosure, you unless your 5ft florry light is wireless, then its an enclosure

The new form asks for enclosures to be mentioned in section D, is this really necessary in domestic reports?

I was thinking this was more to do with say conduit and trunking systems were there are enclosures with connections that are not at the fitting or accessory such as a trouser or y joint box. If not then every socket switch light fitting etc you look at in a test will need to be mentioned on this form, as they are all enclosures.

"6.21 Termination of cables at enclosures(identify numbers and locations of items inspected)"