Timed Motor Controls

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synergy Spark

Reaction score
Hi All, I need some help with timed motor controls for a swim spa. Very early days in terms of learning about motor controls.  In short, our customer wants us to get rid of a Certikin switching control panel that controls 2 x booster pumps (8.6amps each) , one x blower - ( 6 amps) and 1 x set of LED lights.  -  each item is separately switched via a 9 volt piezzo touch switch on the side of the spa. We need to keep the existing switches but can up the voltage to 12v. All he wants in it's place is a 30 minute timer for each device i.e. push the button and a pump runs for 30 minutes. In addition, and this is the bit that I need help with, he would like to be able to push the button again to be able to switch the motor off is he does not want the full 30 minutes. Ideally we want a din rail mounted solution because of space issues. He has a lot of guests and they tend to leave the motors switched on. 

PS - the unit we want to build supplements an existing control panel - this will remain - ie MCB's , contactors etc. We are only interested in the switching. This system is 230 v single phase. 

I am aware that you can get relay's with adjustable timed off - what I don't know and cant seem to find out is if you can interrupt the timer by pushing spa side button again? Anyone know which part we need?

I look forward to hearing from you.