Todays job involved CCTV and alarm system outside.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
8 cameras, 8 alarm pirs making dvr go into real time recording and logging all movements round property and all installed this week from monday till this morning.

Image310.jpg

Image311.jpg

Image312.jpg

Image313.jpg

Image314.jpg

Image315.jpg

Image316.jpg

Image317.jpg

Image319.jpg

Image320.jpg

Image321.jpg

Image322-1.jpg

Image254-1.jpg

Image255.jpg

Looks like a nice job there Badge.

Whats the cameras.......Samsung?

Are the pir's connected direct to cameras or back to the dvr.

Is the DVR suited to loft installation? Not sure I'd be happy with it in there.

Nice job Batts. Need to get me a cctv camera set up at my house as some little scroats broke my outside light last sat night. GF did suggest making it live but I thoght that would be difficult to defend as being accidental when it killed someone.

Nice job Batts. Need to get me a cctv camera set up at my house as some little scroats broke my outside light last sat night. GF did suggest making it live but I thoght that would be difficult to defend as being accidental when it killed someone.
conveniently 'snapped' earth at spur, and L-E fault in cable through wall. job done

Is the DVR suited to loft installation? Not sure I'd be happy with it in there.
the area where the dvr is installed has no loft insulation near it, the big roll that is on the other side at the back hs since been rolled out through the other loft that joins that one, thats whre the customer wanted the dvr installing as he wants to make it as difficult to get to if he gets broken into which is understandable.

Think I'd have just stuck a decent DVR in rather than putting in PIR's all round the place. I'm sure those who don't install CCTV think it looks great.

Think I'd have just stuck a decent DVR in rather than putting in PIR's all round the place. I'm sure those who don't install CCTV think it looks great.
as in movement detection from video ?

have to agree it looks odd and i don't even do cctv

what is the white box? psu ?

and why so many white cables? 1 to pir, 1 to camera?

you can get coax or video cable with power pair attached

what is the white box? psu ?and why so many white cables? 1 to pir, 1 to camera?

you can get coax or video cable with power pair attached
the reason theres so many cables is because the one cable powers camera, and the other powers pir and brings alarm signal back to dvr :p

as in movement detection from video ?
Pretty much. Wouldn't be so bad if it was tidily installed. I'd refuse to pay anyone who did an install like that for me.

badger - is that some major drug dealers place? what does he need all that security for. Reminds me of Scarface (the film) heavy security.