Tony S MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Dear members, some of you may remember me,I've not been on here in ages so hello to you all. I received a message from Tony who I've known for many years , he has been in declining health now for several years as some of his close friends will perhaps know. Well tonight I have been speaking with him by telephone and he has asked me to pass on a message to you all.

On Sunday he was taken ill and rushed into hospital, I am aware of his situation but it would not be right of me to discuss it on the forum, however he did ask me to pop over here and tell you all that he will not be online for while, neither obviously will he be contactable by phone, however in typical Tony fashion when I asked, jokingly if it was an 'rip notice' he replied, "no it bloody well isn't" so he still has his sense of humour. 

Anyway that''s all for now, I'll keep you updated with any information as and when I get it, I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery, "get well soon Tony".

Thanks everyone, Phil Davies

Well hello again stranger! Thanks for the update on our Tony, send him our very best wishes for a speedy recovery- tell him we could really do with his input on a particular thread! That should spark him up 🤣

How are things with yourself? 

I'm ok mate, work on the railway now, I'm off at the minute but have been all over the country, it was my psychiatrists fault, she said I needed to get back on the rails, so I did. lol

I take it you are well?

😂😂 bleedin quacks what do they know! 

all is good with me thanks, had an enforced 6week break but back in the game!
nice one, we keep going because we have to, lol. I'm still trendsetting though, I had that covid lettuced last year, before it became popular, I don't recommend it lol

This should have been here but ended up in I&T, typical me.

Dear members, some of you may remember me,I've not been on here in ages so hello to you all. I received a message from Tony who I've known for many years , he has been in declining health now for several years as some of his close friends will perhaps know. Well tonight I have been speaking with him by telephone and he has asked me to pass on a message to you all.

On Sunday he was taken ill and rushed into hospital, I am aware of his situation but it would not be right of me to discuss it on the forum, however he did ask me to pop over here and tell you all that he will not be online for while, neither obviously will he be contactable by phone, however in typical Tony fashion when I asked, jokingly if it was an 'rip notice' he replied, "no it bloody well isn't" so he still has his sense of humour. 

Anyway that''s all for now, I'll keep you updated with any information as and when I get it, I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery, "get well soon Tony".

Thanks everyone, Phil Davies

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the update. duplicate threads moved & merged.

Doc H.

Thanks for posting that  Phil d

I think it belongs in here .      I'm sure everyone one here wishes Tony  the very best  , I certainly do ,   and lets have you back on board soon  .   :Salute

Best wishes from Deke in Brum . 

I am sorry to hear that Phil , If you see or contact Tony tell him I am asking after him. 

Tell him I need a hand with an old  150 Rb, that might make him smile. 

Nice to hear from you again too. I think about you all often . Take care mate , and pass my regards on to Glen too if you see him.

A quick update, I spoke to Tony today and he sounded a bit better, apparently he's having a nasogastric tube put in tomorrow, he didn't seem to know what they were going to be doing with him long term although there were three main points he told me about, "they've done ****** all since I landed here apart from accuse me of smoking in bed and I'm running out of credit on my phone,and now I'm waiting to go for a shower" he said in his usual grumpy manner, so he must be feeling a little better. Anyway I put some credit on his phone for him so that should make him a little happier,lol. So that's it for now chaps, more as and when I get it, remember, stay alert, maintain social distancing and hopefully he'll be back very soon.

I’ve been home a week now, it’s going to be slow going. I’m using a zimmer frame to get around home, a hospital bed has also been installed. To add to  the fun the hospital have found a thrombosis in my leg and the original problem with my abdomen is back with a vengeance so I will be going back in to hospital.

I’ve been home a week now, it’s going to be slow going. I’m using a zimmer frame to get around home, a hospital bed has also been installed. To add to  the fun the hospital have found a thrombosis in my leg and the original problem with my abdomen is back with a vengeance so I will be going back in to hospital.
Good luck with your recovery.