Tony's mate had a weird experience today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Some of you will know about my dog, Dakota, she's a German Shepherd dog, a rescue, and she has issues, Tony S, knows all about her, he met her once, bought her a bacon butty which she ate, then she wanted to eat him! She's great with me, and my family, but not with others, and she hates dogs, she's what some people call "damaged goods", the abuse she suffered in her first year have traumatised her, but I wouldn't part with her, it's not her fault.

Anyway due to illness, I've not been walking her on hard surfaces much recently, plus her claws grow at an alarming rate anyway, so today it was off to the vet, it was done with military precision, appointment made, waiting room cleared of other dogs, and a sedative at the ready, nothing could go wrong, but it did!

We arrive and then find out that of the two vets on duty, both are male, oh dear, she really doesn't like men! I take her into the treatment room, she's interested but not too happy, but hey, lets check it out dad, there may be some tasty treats here. The other door opens and in walks the vet, she is barking like mad and trying to stand up, he wisely retreats, she's muzzled fair enough, but no point pushing the issue.

He picks up the needle, I hold her still and he injects the sedative, tells me it will take around 10 minutes to take effect, and wisely retreats to another room, I watch as the drug begins to work, she's a little puzzled at first, finally she lies down and drops off, I call the vet back in and in a couple of minutes he's expertly trimmed the nails, he then turns his attention to a lump on one of her toes, we need to take a cell sample and send it off (hopefully it won't be anything sinister). He injects the antidote and she begins to come round, he retreats again, about 10 minutes later and she's coming round but still a bit wobbly, I suppose it must be like being a bit drunk. The vet re-appears, she stands up and frowns at him, obviously the room must still be spinning, poor dog, it's him, he's done something but what? She shakes her head, looks at me and heads for the door. I could see it in her expression, "I don't know what happened, I was just going to eat him and then the lights went out" we went outside and I had to lift her into the truck, she lay down, closed her eyes and grumbled slightly as she fell back asleep, I think her last grumblings were something about "never going there again, that bloke does strange things".  

She must have been confused, she hasn't even noticed her claws have been trimmed, or the bit of blood from where he took the biopsy. She'll be absolutely raving tomorrow.lol

Love it, I once had a general purpose dog who absolutely hated coloured people, it was quite interesting as we worked in a primarily coloured area, nobody could accuse Dakota of being racist, prejudiced or whatever, she hates everyone. I  suppose she's what you'd call an equal hating animal, well I suppose she's at least complying with all the equality and diversity stuff. lol