Toolbox/bag poll

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a plastic Stanley tool carrier - one side for bog standard tools (Saw, Crimp tool, hammer, chisel, SWA cutter, hex keys etc) the other side for measurement type tools (tape, spirit level, voltage indicator, plug tester, multimeter, marker pen etc) and sundries (choc blocks, insulation tape, sleeving, self amalgamating tape etc). Screwdrivers/pliers/cutters go in slots on the middle and round the outside. Being shallow you can see what's missing and it's easy to store and keep clean. Also very very cheap - which was probably the major appeal in the first place!

I'm too short to be able to carry a tool bag - I need to stand on my tool box to reach most consumer units (and the occational fan isolator) :|
Absolutely. Being a short stuff, when standing on my Stanley toolbox I can comfortably reach the average domestic ceiling. Ideal and saves lugging the ladders about.

Plastic type toolbox with tray. I keep the minimun required in it for the weight. The tray is often all thats needed.

Other tools are left in the van and just fetch them as needed.

1 Toolbox with spanners and socket set.

1 Toolbox with all the masonary and HSS drill bits.

1 Toolbox with a load of Starrett Cutters and cutters for plasterboard.

1 toolbox with everything else, (cable croppers,chisels,various grips,hacksaw etc)

Stanley FATMAX Extreme Round Top Tool Bag: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools had this about 12-18months, i overload it every single day with all power tools, gear etc, huge when u open up the round lid, i give it all sorts of abuse, been out in rain, on muddy farms, up scaffolds, on rewires, in dirty horrible foundrys. i dont think it will ever die.... shame its worth more than most of my hand tools put together!

i carry this and a standard dewalt square bag for power tools, and i leave a huge stanley roller box at the workshop with rarely used stuff like conduit/pyro/plumbing/cctv/data/av stuff in and just take what il hopefully need, (the pitfalls of a small van!)

oh and a black and decker see through compartment organizer for my huge socket set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Stanley Fatmax rucksack tool back, bloody brilliant. Had an open type tool bag before but i found that it killed one arm or shoulder and the straps get going on them. Rucksack is best as the weight is evenly distributed on both shoulders.

re opening this as my DeWalt tool totes handle broke off the other night sending my tools sprawling across the car park - poohsticks :(

Anyone found the definitive tool carrying device yet?

Ive tried boxes, metal, cantilever, plastic, barn door, etc etc etc

bags

holdalls

rucksacks

wheeled trollys

buckets

cases

cabinets

roll cabs

and

im now back with my trusty 15yo plastic box again

there is no

this is right, that is wrong scenario,

it all depends on the type of work, where and when imho

if Im doing factory stuff I use a big wheeled box thingie where I can load it up with tools, powertools etc, and wheel everything for miles and miles across nice polished floors,

house bashing is an old box or bag with stuff threw in,

maintenance is a bag with the common stuff in and a cordless

you get the picture,,,,,,

Canoeboy said:
You didn't attach one ?

Is it of SSS in pink ? Or Monkee in pink ? ROTFWL
at what point did I say I had?

its available for a nominal subscription,  :D

oh, it will be pot luck as to if it is SSS or Monkee in pink,  :D

re opening this as my DeWalt tool totes handle broke off the other night sending my tools sprawling across the car park - poohsticks :(

Anyone found the definitive tool carrying device yet?

Typical Chinese chub...   :(

I have one of these.... its Canadian! 

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Kunys%20Kunel1509%200068245215092%20El1509%20Professional%20Electricians%20Zip%20Pouch%2021%20Pocket%20googlelink?gclid=CNSq_52FxcICFYkBwwodGmIAsA

for £50 its decent had it 2 years and only had to replace the strap holders with chain extenders. You can cram it full of stuff and give yourself a hernia! :)

When I'm rich and famous like CaNoeboy or kerching I will get myself a veto. ;)

Latest posts