Top man Megger Mark

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazo

Reaction score
Ordered a Fluke T5-1000 just 24 HRS later it was delivered the price and service are the best. Thanks Mark

Ordered a Fluke T5-1000 just 24 HRS later it was delivered the price and service are the best. Thanks Mark
That is good to hear dazo. I assume you have only just received this bit of kit. Please come back onto this thread in a few weeks and give us your own personal review based on real hands on use on the job. e.g. ease of use, durability, clear display, simple instructions etc. and your honest opinion if it has been good value for money and done what you wanted it to do. Fluke T5-1000 Electrical Tester. Buy online or call. Unbiased review from someone who has spent their own hard earned cash is often a great helps to others thinking of similar purchases.

Doc H.

:Blushing Thanks for business

Mark....can you e me the price on a T140 please? wire is about to break on the T100 and I don't think it is fixable. The T5-600 is used for 'best' high days and holidays! Too good to use the t5 evert day................. :coat
PM him, Mate.

They are repairable mate,, I had my t140 lead break just where it goes into the body.

This is what I did...

1. Remove batteries

2. On the front there is a metal stud, with a small thin bladed screwdriver prise the stud out (it's only short)

3. Seperate the yellow and the top sections and then pull the pcb out

4. Desolder the lead, cut it back and resolder it to te PCB.

5. Re-assemble

Hopefully I've not missed anything out;)

They are repairable mate,, I had my t140 lead break just where it goes into the body.This is what I did...

1. Remove batteries

2. On the front there is a metal stud, with a small thin bladed screwdriver prise the stud out (it's only short)

3. Seperate the yellow and the top sections and then pull the pcb out

4. Desolder the lead, cut it back and resolder it to te PCB.

5. Re-assemble

Hopefully I've not missed anything out;)
That's exactly where mine has gone!....due to be too neat and tidy , every time I have used it I put the rubber cap on and wrap the leads around it; there lies my problem........ :coat

It's a really easy fix kerching,

All you need is a thin bladed screwdriver, something to strip the wire with and a soldering iron

If you haven't got a desoldering pullit or some wick braid you can make some braid out of the sheild of some coax.

It's a really easy fix kerching,All you need is a thin bladed screwdriver, something to strip the wire with and a soldering iron

If you haven't got a desoldering pullit or some wick braid you can make some braid out of the sheild of some coax.
Thanks, I have all the kit to do the job just couldn't see how to get into it. I shall have a look and a 'Rive' tomorrow..............may still get a T140 anyway. I have a DiLog version but cannot get on with it, it seems to take forever to stabilize a reading [voltage]. So it lives in my 'grab bag'................. :coat

Like the sound of this. Is it compatible with a proving unit? Cheers guys.

Happy days thanks mate. Looks like I'll be upgrading the vol-con elite then!