Trade discount

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

jckent

Reaction score
Who in you opinion gives best trade discount?-If any.

I have noticed that it seems to be slowly disappearing as many are happy to sell to joe public and only want to offer same prices to trade?

Or is it just me? :(

baldelectrician

Reaction score
You must be using CEF then!

I use a local place that knows how to look after customers- jo public gets OK prices, but not as good as the regulars

The Godfather

Retired
Reaction score
Depends on the wholesaler, who serves you and how much business they get from you.

(As my boys tell me)

Don

bgec

Reaction score
You must be using CEF then!I use a local place that knows how to look after customers- jo public gets OK prices, but not as good as the regulars
With you all the way there

bgec

Reaction score
best to get to know your suppler face to face and always argue over the pennys they hate it but when you have beaten them down and have a few invoices to prove to the other suppliers then get them to beat or match the price at that piont they will do the hard work and bid for your custom

sounds like hard work but over a year of this i get some bits as cheap as my local multi mill companies good luck

Reaction score
Re; Trade discount

Ask for a list of discounts from your regular wholesaler. If they are stockists of ,say Crabtree, make it your prefered accessory, should be better priced than if they are ordering in MK just for you.

If they are stockists of Silavent fans do'nt ask for Vent-Axia unless specified.

You will be suprised at how much discount is available on some products but there is a limit.

I noticed in the local DIY superstore that they sold 2.5 T/Earth by the metre which made it over

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
You must be using CEF then!I use a local place that knows how to look after customers- jo public gets OK prices, but not as good as the regulars
i know what u mean........

switch10

Reaction score
i got several accounts. CEF waste of time to be honest, Denmans, been ok, but just been told that there looking to scrap trade price and just have one price regardless of who you are.

also edmundsons electrical in gloucester, pretty good but not the best.

anymore good wholesalers please say

septiclecky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use Edmundsons and get anything ranging from 0-90% depending upon items

tobo

Reaction score
I use Denmans myself, why do wholesalers give you the price before vat. you ring up for a price which you then give to your customer, make your pennys then get a bill at the end of the month with vat added and find out you have done the job for nothing. this cost me

switch10

Reaction score
i made a big mistake, recently opened up an account with cef, what a bloody rip off, got a good mind not to pay them, but then i would get blacklisted.

baldelectrician

Reaction score
I have accounts with a few wholesalers, but i prefer pay as you go

No nasty surprises at the end of the month

On some I pay debit card there and then, others they write it down in the book and I just settle by cheque at the end of the week. This way everything is fresh in your mind

Latest posts