Training My Seplos BMS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jassdhali

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently top balancing my battery pack before discharge.

1710874058838.png

The one thing I am unsure of is that the total current is still @ a minus figure.
Do I need to keep feeding the pack to get that to zero?

The cell deviation has gone from 274mV to what is above now at 4mV within 8 hours.
Currently running the inverter @ grid charge to feed battery.

Cycle is at 10 as I have had a few issues. I put down to my own stupidity & the fact I found the Seplos Active balancer acting weirdly (again may may been down to me)
Now running with a Neey 4a active balancer.

Please give me your thoughts, sure I am doing something wrong :)

Thanks for your time

Down at 4mV youre fine, start using it.
Thanks John, will drain at the weekend, recharge & put into use.

Just one more query, probably overthinking things.
I know these packs with the BMS they drop slightly in SOC - but I have had mine totally isolated & the SOC dropped to 95% within 2 hours.

Is that normal ?

Thanks for your time

When you say totally isolated, did you diconnect the BMS and Balancers too? If not they will be taking some power, LiFEP04's also seem to settle a little after charging, this may be what youre seeing.

When you say totally isolated, did you diconnect the BMS and Balancers too? If not they will be taking some power, LiFEP04's also seem to settle a little after charging, this may be what youre seeing.

The breaker to connect to inverter is off, NEEY balancer is off.
I didnt disconnect the BMS, didn't think of doing this - I can have a go tomorrow, thanks

I understand the cells do settle a little, but this much.

Please see graph - just pulled off my inverter (the canbus is still connected)

1710970321203.png

1710970361139.png
Thanks again for your time

Latest posts