training

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nige38

Reaction score
tomorrow i have to pay to start my eletricians course distance learning with the skills centre .fancied trying a new career still staying where i am for my 2 year course it costs some big money just wanted to ask if this would be worth the expence need to stay at work to pay bills alot of posts i have read say this is a waste of time and money me thinks any training to become an eletrician is worth the cost if u can please advise on this course

I can't answer that Nige.

But - Welcome to the forum. :)

Welcome to the forum nige:).

With regards to training to be an electrician, it depends to what course you are thinking about to wheather it is a waste of time or money. I would assume that most of the posts you have read about training courses being a waste of time/money are referrig to the 5 day crash courses or something of the like. These crash courese cost thousands of pounds, and 5 days or a couple of weeks is no way near enough time to learn what you need to know, these types are courses are more suited to people who have a good understanding of electrics and want/need to get electrical quals quickly for whatever reason (and who have got cash to burn;) :^O ).

City and guilds 2330 (or C&G 2351 i think is the course which replaced the old C&G 2330) would be a good place to start if you want to become an electrician.

HTH

thanks gents i think the c&g 2330 is an apprenticeship course i have to work whilst on this course that is why i oppted for the big bucks option. also i am 38 so there no chance of an apprenticeship.the course consist of.. essential electrics. citb certified

part p (bpec defined scope)

the 17th edition of the wiring regulations c&g

electrical portable appliance testing c&g 2377

cscs site safety card

appointed persons 1st aid (hse)

bpec certificated domestic installer scheme(part p full scope)what do u experts think of this course wuold this allow me to work and gain the experiance needed to be a safe and decent sparky

cheers

Morning Nige, The C&G 2330 isn't an apprenticeship Mate.

i am a shift worker days afters alternate weeks so i struggle to meet college times my local doncaster college does this course tuesday 9.00-17.30 no chance to do it.are the qualifications above in my post reconized in the industry. thanks

Fair enough. I am doing it Part Time Evenings - Twice Weekly - 17:20 to 20:30 Hours. But if you do shift work, that option is outers for you. :(

payed now on course start in next couple of weeks will let u know how i am doing if u wish. looks like no new car for a while maybe a white van.oh dear

Latest posts