Trunking to flushed in box

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhamoggy

Reaction score
Has anyone got any good ideas for a good looking finish. 
I need to install dado trunking and going to extend the ring from a flushed in box the other side of the room so will run some MT2 trunking to the dado. 
I don’t want to bring out the flushed in box and put a surface box as it won’t look right to other sockets on that side of the wall. 
Any ideas how I can bring the mini trunking into the flushed in box to make it look good?

thanks

Need more info. Can you access the drop or rise to the existing socket in the ceiling or floor voids because if you want in to look neat then mini trunking will look what it is, DIY. 

It’s a medical room in a hospital. 
dado trunking going on a solid brick wall. 
opposite wall with flushed out box is plasterboard. 
ceiling is decorative and building is listed so no chopping into ceiling 

Yes, the flushed in box where I’ll be taking the feed from is a cavity wall

So.... can you drop the cable from the socket to just above the skirting board (in the wall) and run the MT2 bang above the skirting?
Yes, this is my plan but how to make it look good do the trunking finishes up nicely and looks athletically pleasing to the eye considering it’s a hospital room in a grade 1 listed building 

Is this medical location a treatment room or admin area? Generally treatment areas do no have a skirting, the floor rolls up to meet the wall. 

if you do have the skirting then surely you’ll run along the top edge of it to a corner of where the dado is fitted and straight up the corner, cutting into the bottom of the dado? :C  

Previously was an eye treatment room but will now become infection control admin room. This hospital wasn’t a purpose built hospital. Originally started life as a weekend retreat for the queen mother. Only converted to a hospital 25 years ago. 

Is this medical location a treatment room or admin area? Generally treatment areas do no have a skirting, the floor rolls up to meet the wall. 

if you do have the skirting then surely you’ll run along the top edge of it to a corner of where the dado is fitted and straight up the corner, cutting into the bottom of the dado? :C  
Yes exactly as you say, the MT2 will sit on top of the skirting. It’s all about joining the MT2 up to the flush box

I thought you said wall was a stud wall ie. hollow/cavity? 
if so just fish cable down inside wall and bring out above skirting where the MT will be waiting? 
Yes I think this may be the best result. 

Yes, this is my plan but how to make it look good do the trunking finishes up nicely and looks athletically pleasing to the eye considering it’s a hospital room in a grade 1 listed building 
It looks better if you carry the trunking on to the corner of the room wether that bit is being used or not...... never stop it !/2 way along a wall unless it's butting up against a surface mounted accessory

It looks better if you carry the trunking on to the corner of the room wether that bit is being used or not...... never stop it !/2 way along a wall unless it's butting up against a surface mounted accessory
Good idea. Didn’t even think about running it the full length of the wall. 
thanks for that 👍