Tube replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyDong

Reaction score
All,

I'm trying to identify the best suited Osram tubes to fit (as replacements) in an office environment.

The office has windows on either side, recessed fittings, dark blue carpet, but most importantly the staff use flat screen monitors.

What is the best "colour" to fit ?

Many thanks,

D.

All,I'm trying to identify the best suited Osram tubes to fit (as replacements) in an office environment.

The office has windows on either side, recessed fittings, dark blue carpet, but most importantly the staff use flat screen monitors.

What is the best "colour" to fit ?

Many thanks,

D.
I'd fit a 'warm white' tube (about 3000 Kelvin), as for the glare problem on the screens I use Catagory 2 Louvres in the fittings.

Hi there,

These are existing fittings, they are just looking at doing a tube refresh - hopefully starter gear too!

Cheers,

D.

With tube replacements i would put same colour tubes in. If you change the colour you can guarantee someone will moan. Also i always change starters.

batty

Could I tell a short story please:

Colleague of mine was asked to retube an office, 2 or 3 years ago. He did -quick, easy couple of bob :) :)

He was SUCCESSFULLY sued by, I believe, a worker in the office who developed "eye strain", (this is all `as I understand it`) ; due to the fact that they should have been made aware that these were the wrong lights to have in the office.

Since then, I have ALWAYS made sure I have, in writing from the customer, that I have made them aware that their louvres are not L1 compliant; and should be changed.

Basically, cover your own rear mate. :eek:

In some of the offices that i look after, some of the office workers actually get up and turn the tubes in the fittings through the louvres because they dont like them on, and others ask for daylight coloured tubes because they want it brighter.You cant win either way.

Latest posts