UCAS points from C&G

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray.S.1993

Reaction score
hey, im currently studying the city & guilds 2330 quilification at level 2. hoping to either find an apprenticeship for level 3 or to carry on with it at college. i was just wondering, if anyone knows how many UCAS points i would get for these qualifications? just a thought.. incase i want to go to uni to study electrical engineering or something.

cheers.

AFAIK, City & Guilds aren't accredited by UCAS.

I spoke to an electrical engineering lecturer over the summer. He told me for entry into Uni, they're looking for at least level 3, a few years of experience and evidence that you can manage degree-level Maths. I think a pre-requisite for 'traditional' entry into electrical engineering is A-Level Maths, so that might be something for you to look at.

Of course if you're not looking to go the Uni route, speak to your college about HNC/D etc.

Marc.

on most of the prospectuses i have read there was the usual entry requiremnts a-levels and such like and then the wording was something along the lines of 'experience within sector with other relevant qualifications' but these were degree level courses, i dont think c&g would have much standing there i think they would be looking more at HNC/HND which you can progress on to after your course and then continue them into a degree.

When i started uni this october to do the same degree, i had a HnC in electrical and electronic engineering, as well as an nvq lvl 3.

To do the degree, i recommend a solid understanding of mathematics and science. Most of it is calculations and theory based.

The uni let me skip my 1st and go straight onto my 2nd year due to my hnc certificate.

Its 180 ucas points for the electrical engineering degree too.

As i understand your're doing your BTEC National Cert., if u progress to do you're hnc, i would definately recommend the degree.

& hey, if you go along with it...

i got the answers! :phehe