Unbelievable

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkyrj

Reaction score
I have been trying to trace a fault at an old ladys house for a while , without success until now. the rcd would trip when she plugged certain appliances in to either of the two ring circuits in the house , but the IR readings where ok when tested .There was no sleeving on any of the cpcs at the sockets, so i rectified this. this cured the problem for 8 days. Next checked cables in attic for rodent damage all ok.After this i unplugged all appliances and then plugged them in one at a time untill i narrowed it down to an electric fire in the living room that was fitted in the fire place. When i pulled the fire out a brass **** came off in my hand from the front . This turned out to be a door **** with a screw thread coming out the back for fixing i n a door etc.this had been touching the element through the front of the fire. When i told her she said Oh ,i just thought it looked nice . Turnes out she never actually usews the fire . Arhhh. :_|

Rushed off my feet at the moment mate

Do 2 weeks in a hotel, picking up on remedial - they give me ( I hope) 4 more weeks :x

Plus probability of 100 office PIR + PAT :x :( :x :(

How`s yourself and the missus? (and the rattie ones:x)

Rushed off my feet at the moment mateDo 2 weeks in a hotel, picking up on remedial - they give me ( I hope) 4 more weeks :x

Plus probability of 100 office PIR + PAT :x :( :x :(

How`s yourself and the missus? (and the rattie ones:x)
Am well, a bit quiet, missus is very well & ratties are, well being ratties. Lol. :)

Glad to hear you are busy mate, fingers crossed for the 100 plus offices. :)