Undercurrent Monitoring - current relays

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satxx

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding the usage of current relays in the circuits. I am planning to install a thermostatic heater along with a current relay circuits to monitor if the heater is working. Since it is thermostatic, it will be operating only during certain temperature ranges. The times when it is not operating (but still ON and in good condition) i assume the current relay set for undercurrent will be triggered. Is this the right logic or am i wrong?

Can i differentiate between a device not working due to some faults and a device stop operating since the condition is met and will again restart when the condition is not met, without checking the device.

thank you in advance for taking your time to reply.

Hi,

I have a question regarding the usage of current relays in the circuits. I am planning to install a thermostatic heater along with a current relay circuits to monitor if the heater is working. Since it is thermostatic, it will be operating only during certain temperature ranges. The times when it is not operating (but still ON and in good condition) i assume the current relay set for undercurrent will be triggered. Is this the right logic or am i wrong?

Can i differentiate between a device not working due to some faults and a device stop operating since the condition is met and will again restart when the condition is not met, without checking the device.

thank you in advance for taking your time to reply.
The easy way that I can think of is to feed it via a smart plug such as TP-LINK that has power monitoring function in it. You can then use sofware such as Home Assistant or If This Then That to schedule and monitor the power in operation, indicating if it's out of spec.