Underpriced work!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshgit

Reaction score
Just got wind of a full rewire locally.

Ground floor: 3 reception rooms, kitchen and utility room

1st floor : 3 bedrooms, bathroom

2nd floor : 2 bedrooms

My initial ball park figure in my head was in the regipon of

We seem to be getting some ridiculously low prices thumped in around here just lately & are from a few sparks that have been laid off from bigger firms, I think most that are laid off (who can blame them) are dipping their toes in the SE pond & are getting the pricing so very wrong.

Looks easy when the gaffer does all the quotes dont it ;)

guess which he went for?!?!

at first i thought they might be sparks recently laid off but turned out it was two sparks working for local council knocking it off during the day!

and in the council van...... :eek:
report the barstewards to the council - that'll stop their game] :) ]:) ] :)

Have never minded like for like competition, but they have unfair advantage of steady income from your council tax...

Have definetly noticed a few unregistered sparks from sites around lately ruining the price structures. Fortunately I've been going a few years now, and have a good reputation (mostly) Pray

i got called out to a job today , where a builders son had first fixed a kitchen rewire, apparently he was a sparky, but by the looks at what he had done it was horrible!

he had cut into the Ring main for a new lighting feed and just chock blocked and taped it under the bath upstairs, not only that when he was looking for the cable downstairs he drilled through the central heating pipe,

He has ran T&E outside house and just stuck a bit of plastic capping over it, (crooked may i add) to feed 6 more sockets on the inside spured from one already spured socket...

The list goes on... he hasn't paid the other "sparky" yet but has a bill at his house for