Unpaid Worker Available in South Wales Area

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichCardiff

Reaction score
Hello,

Are you an electrician in the South Wales area?

Would you like an extra hand on the job?

Would you prefer not to have to fork out any money for such help?

Then you are in luck!

My name is Richard and I live in Cardiff. I am currently at Barry College studying the C&G 2330 and am very keen to gain some practical experience in the field to improve upon the skills I am learning in the college workshop.

I am currently unemployed and only go to college on a Tuesday so I am available on any of the other days.

I am willing to help you with whatever you need, whether it be carrying the tools from the van, cleaning up cable clippings or making the tea but I do need to supplement my studying with practical experience. So all that I ask is that you are willing to give me as many opportunities as possible to practise the necessary skills.

So if you could use an extra person whose only pay requirement is sharing your knowledge and experience, then please send me a message.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

I do wish you good luck, I get about 4 or 5 applications per week from people who want a job, some have very impressive exam qualifications but no practical experiance. I can not employ anyone who can not work to a design or brief, and this is what you will have to prove to employers. Experiance gained via bona fide electricians in your area can help, and if you show potential you may be employed by them if you prove your worth. As an employer what I look for is a person who does not need to ask any questions and can do the job quickly, this is a skill never taught, it is learned by doing the job, and by boring repetition.

I have an electrician working for me who I would never part with because he is fast, he is useless at testing, every time I have tried to teach him, he just draws a blank, but put him on any job with a plan and I can honestly say I can forget about that job, and its down to his experiance at installations.

You may have to start with some local DI, who can do with the help at the weekends, this will at least get you into the market, and any references will help you work up the ladder. Stick at it, and always learn, its the only way forward these days with so many good electricians on the dole due to the current economic climate.