Unreasonable Telephone conduct

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that mate.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10013261

the government says Mortgage lenders are keen to help their customers sort out any payment difficulties. Also, the law says they must treat you fairly and take your circumstances into account.

Repossessions take ages etc etc. So long as you keep the bank informed and it's only a glitch you should be ok.

There are some contacts in that link who may help :|

Thoughts are with you mate

Sorry to hear about the mortgage trouble exto.

I know it's easy to say but dont let it get you & Mrs exto down mate.

Hope some good news turns up for you.

Sorry for the delay just viewing elsewhere...

"Sorry to hear about the mortgage trouble exto.

I know it's easy to say but dont let it get you & Mrs exto down mate.

Hope some good news turns up for you. "

Yes thanks M107, not too impressed, my wife was completely upset by this calll, just wait till the little * calls tomorrow.................

I'll take the call...

X(

sorry for the news E15, I do agree with Apache tho,

it takes a while, and didnt the nice Mr Brown say so this very week.....

I think if you make an honest attempt to pay ANY kind of debt then I really dont think (esp in the current economic climate) that ANY court in the land would repo you.

BTW, Im currently waiting for virgin to take me to court for non payment for services(which I never got) and also for taking money from my account I never authorised. I know its a different league to you.

all the best anyway bud.

Hi Ext,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are having problems, been there got the t-shirt as I'm sure alot of us have to some extent.

Personally I think that the mortgage company (for reposesion) has to show they are doing everything that they can to help you, but you also have to show that you have done everything you can to make payments.

WHat you have to do is ensure that you keep the communication between yourselves and your lender, letting them know your situation and how much you can afford (and make payments even if it's not the full amount). Because if you don't they will take you to court and they will just say that you have been evading their help / contact and are not willing to pay (rather than unable to).

If the worst does happen and they apply for repossesion then you can apply for a suspension of the order (this is where you would actually have to go to court) and the court might give you a certain amount of time at a lower repayment with a review after... also as many lenders are having a problem themselves then they will be more willing to take lower payments rather than have a repossesed house sit empty not earning them any money!!

I also think you should talk to your local CAB or a free debt counselling service

Hope this helps

Sorry to hear of your hassle.

I may suggest a few steps

get and use caller display - witheld / unknown number don't answer it; let it ring out and NOT go to voicemail.

Get a mobile with call recording software - I use ULTIMATE VOICE RECORDER and it's excellent.

When the mortgage company call YOU answer and tell them ALL calls to your number are recorded. Should they call you again you will not remind them and they should add it to the notes on your account.

Now they know the call is recorded tell them to put all communication in writing and not to call you again as it causes undue stress to your family.

Hope you get through this

I have had the same problem in the past my ex wife was paying all the bills as i was not at home from monday to friday, all my bills were not paid for more than 6 months i was toatly unaware of any letters sating the bills were not paid.

When i did find out i filled for divorce as there was no clue where the money had gone..... getting to the piont the morgage company filed for repossesion and it took 12 months to go to court, i told the judge the story and he allowed me to sell the house and not have it reposessed.

I really feel for you in this matter but to be honnest with you no matter how strong a relationship is it very often cannot escape money problems.

I am now remarried and are renting but most importantly i pay all the bills myself :)

Sorry to hear you having money worries e15,as it is for just under 2k couldnt you pay it on a credit card just to get them out of your hair then transfer the card to one with 0% interest?not a perfect solution by any means but at least it would give you breathing space and peace of mind over xmas,virgin are offering 13 months interest free at the moment. ;)

Just a thought.

Sorry to hear you having money worries e15,as it is for just under 2k couldnt you pay it on a credit card...Just a thought.
Don't have any Credit cards..

:_|

Hi, E15, sorry to hear of your problems. I could be way out with this but seem to remember that years ago you could pay just the interest. As I say, not sure but look into it.

Deke

Sounds like you could do with a couple of cash in hand rewires to set you straight;)

Whatever you do Ext, you need to talk to your lender and come to some sort of arrangement that suits you both. One thing that you will need to do is an income / expenditure sheet, this will hopefully show you where your money is going and where you can cut back. The main thing to do is pay your priority bills (mortgage, council tax, utility bills and food) unfortunately the rest has to go and swing.

If you do unfortunately go to court then if you can show that you are doing everyting that you can then this will only boost your case.

If it's your income that is causing this rather than your outgoings then is it worth getting a job somewhere that will help you out over the short term (post office or something like that) and fit your electrical work in during your spare time.

Hope you get through it.

Whatever you do Ext, you need to talk to your lender..
Thanks Noz, but we already are talking to them and we have a agreed payment which includes arrears (we are paying interest only)...

As for the conduct of the bank employee, I suspect he was trying to put pressure on...

X(

i had a few money problems years back and was subject to these type of calls.

there is a four call rule

anymore than four it is classed as harrassment ,,,throw that back at them and iall future contact became via correspondence

Sorry to hear of your problems Ext:( :(

cant add any more than what has already been said.... :|

but just to say..

hope you can get things sorted & get straight again ASAP?

Its obviously going to be a bit of a tough time or you! :eek: :| :( :(

:x :x

SL

Good luck with this Ext15.

I ditto what NozSpark says, also Christmas doesn't have to be expensive - just spending some time with your partner and making a simple meal together etc etc is just as good.