US UK voltage converter question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronfinch

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a hand blender from the US (I am in the UK) and a 100w voltage converter. If the power rating of the blender is more than 100w (I don't know what it is) would it blow the converter or the hand blender? Or cause a fire or some other catastrophy?

Thanks very much!

Ron

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok just got gf to check. Apparently it has a power rating of 250w. I think the voltage converter is rated at 100w (I would have to check that though) - I didnt realise there was quite that much difference to be honest, would this be dangerous? What might happen if I did plug it in?

Thanks

Hi,Thanks for your reply.

Ok just got gf to check. Apparently it has a power rating of 250w. I think the voltage converter is rated at 100w (I would have to check that though) - I didnt realise there was quite that much difference to be honest, would this be dangerous? What might happen if I did plug it in?Thanks
The world might end :|

Why not just buy a suitably rated transformer and not risk overloading anything?

Welcome to the forum BTW :D

Hi,Thanks for your reply.

Ok just got gf to check. Apparently it has a power rating of 250w. I think the voltage converter is rated at 100w (I would have to check that though) - I didnt realise there was quite that much difference to be honest, would this be dangerous? What might happen if I did plug it in?

Thanks
You need a bigger converter..

Yeah think I will just buy a new blender!

Thanks very much for your replies - much appreciated.

The world might end :| Why not just buy a suitably rated transformer and not risk overloading anything?

Welcome to the forum BTW :D
It would be cheaper to buy a UK voltage hand blender than a transformer.

Depends what sort of blender it is. Some of them blenders are dear and they give a more smooth, less grainy texture to the pallet.

Depends what sort of blender it is. Some of them blenders are dear and they give a more smooth, less grainy texture to the pallet.
You'd need more of an impact shredder for pallets?

Think he said he's going to buy a new blender :) (#10)

doesnt the us work on 60hz anybody figured out if this will make a difference?

hi

the frequency of the supply dictates the speed of rotation. the internal fan may be designed to disipate the heat of say 3600rpm but is now actually spinning at 3000rpm. this could lead to overheating....

best wishes

alan