Van security

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andylherts

Reaction score
I currently have 2004 Ford Transit with slam locks to the rear and a Sigma alarm system that appears not to be working.

I am thinking of replacing that with a system that will protect the cab area with a perimeter electronic bubble.

Any recomendations on alarm systems for vans and of course how much?

AndyL

PS I already have a van vault, large dog, pick axe handle by the door and the bad temper to go with it.

It's a shame we are not allowed to use those anti carjacking devices that they use in South Africa, you know the gert great pipes that run the length of the vehicle down both sides, anyone tries they get a face full of flame.

Hi andy, if its any help I have been an auto-electrician for around ten years and have fitted numerous alarms to transits, especially sigmas. To replace it with a new one you could for around

Hi andy, if its any help I have been an auto-electrician for around ten years and have fitted numerous alarms to transits, especially sigmas. To replace it with a new one you could for around

How about my system - Used to be the 1.5KW inverter, but now uses a Big electrolytic cap. Won`t kill, but It`ll take skin off! Plus - sudden discharge sounds a siren - 112dB @ 1M=serious headache. X( ]:)X( X( :^O :eek:

How about my system - Used to be the 1.5KW inverter, but now uses a Big electrolytic cap. Won`t kill, but It`ll take skin off! Plus - sudden discharge sounds a siren - 112dB @ 1M=serious headache. X( ]:)X( X( :^O :eek:
The Law frowns upon 'boobytraps'! ]:)

Sadly (?) no-one has "tested" it for me...........yet

Will post photos as and when (cue "muttley-like" chuckle/snigger)

I must be REALLY nasty - sure I`ll be going to hell - I hear they need a sparx!!!!!!

I must be REALLY nasty - sure I`ll be going to hell - I hear they need a sparx!!!!!!
No, no sparkys in Hell. It all heating engineers down there!