VAT rates when buying pv kits.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kerching,

I know worse things are done, but as soon as you touch the DC side you have done something you are not permitted to do.

Im not having a go,

but this is going to end up the same way that everyone is moaning about non part P guys taking work from them,

this is why MCS have guaranteed to come down hard on anyone they even suspect of doing this,

I dunno,

but I hope they do.

kerching,unless the installer is MCS accredited then the installation will not comply with the MCS requirements,

its a weird one, but that is how it goes.

bit like signing off someone elses work,

actually, they look on it a lot more severely.
They are undergoing MCS at the moment BUT to do so they have to demonstrate a job. The company owner is installing it at his home, then when he gets the accreditiation he will use it as a 'show home' to show prospective clients...if that makes any difference?

kerching,

do you have PV accreditation?

if not then you are not allowed to work on solar PV equipment, and that is the law, and that is what MCS are cracking down on, big style,

from what I understand if they know or find out of anyone none PV working on the equipment they will automatically remove the MCS status from that contractor until he can prove otherwise.

only what I have heard though.

EDIT:-

actually that is misleading, you can work on solar PV equipment, but it will NOT be deemed MCS valid and will therefore not be liable for the FITs or generation tariff, and will not become an MCS certified installation.

bottom line is,

if you are NOT qualified to an acceptable level for part P acceptance then you shouldnt be doing stuff for part P acceptance,

ergo, if you are NOT qualified to an acceptable level for MCS acceptance then you should not be doing stuff required for MCS accreditation.

MCS require all installers to be qualified to an accepted renewable energy standard, in our case that is solar PV level.

could always pass it on to a local soon to become mcs contractor ;)

kerching,

do your PV course, then you can install a system for MCS accreditation,

if it fails then its OK, you just cant register it for FITs or generation tariffs.

BTW, solar PV is part P notifiable too. :|

More likely to fail paperwork than MCS installation.

The scheme is everthying we criticised part P for not being - ie highly regulated. Most of the installatin work is done by non-registered labourers/roofers, with leccy bit done by or sigined off by registered person. I'm being pushed into this business model myself due to sheer demand. Lots of sales companies out there as well subbying to MCS contractors - I have 2 of these on the horizon as well as my own work. 1 major point though - don't expect to get

Sanyos are firkin dear. How often do you fit MK to a house re-wire?? Most of us will avoid the cheap and nasty like Marbo, and opt for a mid price brand like Denamns designa range, GET, Crabtree etc etc, which we know will do the job for a good number of years, like OK and keep costs down. PV panels are no different, except they actually have to be certified and publish their test results so we can an informed choice on panel efficiency. Actual build quality is harder to evaluate until you get a unit in your hands. I expected Phonos to be cheap chinese rubbish, couldn't have been more wrong and they come out 4th in the Californian State Energy department PTC rating tables. Tha's no mean feat. I've also tried researching panel comparisons - there's almost nothing out there, which is plain damn weird, and would perhaps suggest that for once 'it does what it says on the tin'. Really weird :^O