Vehicle livery gone wrong !!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our vans are written better than our website.

Canoe take a swim :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Canoeboy said:
Another reason i don't have sign writing is my work is all recommendation and word of mouth, cant be doing with people ringing up, have enough customers who are wallies without getting more, Im a bit like @kerching in the grumpy factor - the customer is never right  :Salute
Why, thank you @Canoeboy

my vehicle is not signnwritten either, all my work is recommendations or past customers

bloke rang me 0600 saturday morning!......"do,you do,emergency call outs?"....told him my rates...."that is very expensive'" I agreed with him and explained that he was free to go elsewhere and went back to,sleep

I wouldn't answer the phone at that time of day.

Most of my work is by recommendations, but I still like to maintain the 'corporate image'. It works well in posh areas where work is more plentiful and more worth doing.

and then there is livery that goes right

found this one on google

16712863494_e932fc5d49_b.jpg.f184f36d6db1ab727be67d05411a72da.jpg

Whats wrong with DI? If you peel those DI stickers off, theres AC stickers underneath. I don't see the point in paying an extra £300-£400 quid when theres nowt an AC can do that a DI cant? Maybe I'm wrong. Truth be told the only reason I'm with a scam is to sign off, and the only reason I'm with NIC is because they seem to be the one that's recognised around here. When Stroma become more well known, Ill be joining them.

The stickers on the top - advertise my band. Id put the name up here but previous experience wont allow me.

my bad if not allowed but see this the other week on FB and made me chuckle.

van sign.jpg

We have just name, logo, telephone number and web address. No scheme affiliation or stuff like that. I think it gives out a professional image.  We also have shirts and jackets etc. 

and then there is livery that goes right

found this one on google

Other than for pictorial impact, can't see the point, as I can hardly read the writing or phone number on it?

Canoeboy said:
This will make you laugh, many years ago a chap came into our workshop for a capacitor, 50uF 450 V, I went and got one from the rack and showed it to him, he asked how much, i told him £30 plus VAT, he hit the roof, started ranting and going on about how he could get one from RS in southampton for less than a fiver, he had a major strop like he was doing me a favour.......

When he stopped ranting, i took the capacitor back and said thats ok then drive to southampton and put it back on the rack, he then had another hissy fit about it and said i was ripping him off but with time (he was desperate and southampton is 2hr round trip) and fuel he would pay me the £30 plus VAT

I just looked at him and said - I don't want to sell it to you now, its mine, I have one, You don't, Southampton is that way now courgette off 

My old man carrotted himself and the apprentice's (when we had them) wet themselves, he got in his car and wheelspan off.........
Did he complete your customer satisfaction survey?