Veritas R8 - New Door Contact

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently installed a upvc door to my garage and as a result want to hook it up to my veritas r8 alarm using a magnetic door contact.

The alarm currently has the garage door wired into zone 1 and I have wired the door contact for the new upvc door into zone 2 along with tamper wire exactly as per the veritas install manual.

Unfortunately the panel doesn't seem to recognise the upvc door contact at all. I've tested the contact itself and the wiring with my multi meter and it's all good.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

probably need to re-assign the zones? Hate to state the obvious by why not wire it into zone 1?
Zone 1 is wired to the existing main garage door, i.e. the door you drive your car through. Ive installed a upvc door to the rear of the garage so I can walk into my garage without having to open the main door all the time, if that makes sense.

itll need programmed. you will need the engineer code for this
Ah I see, Im assuming he engineer code is as it was from the factory 1234. This being the case do you know how I can programme/set this zone to entry/exit?

go into zone type, set it is entry / exit. also check in 48 that zone isnt disabled

id also expect the engineer code to have been changed. you can easily default the panel to factory settings, but if its engineer locked then the code wont reset but everything else will making the panel unuseable