Veritas R8 Plus Alarm - Adding a new zone doesn't work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjlee

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently resurrected our Veritas R8 Plus after leaving it powered off for a few years. After replacing the battery, everything seems to be working fine. I've bought a keyswitch, which I've wired into an empty zone (Z6). I've tried to follow the instructions in the manual to add it, but I get a brief 'access denied' type tone. I'm pretty confident I'm in the programming menu correctly as i can run a walk test, but trying to change any other settings results in the 'access denied' tone.

To enter the programming menu I do:

1234 + PROG (I reset the engineer code to the default)
The zone lights then all turn red as expected from the manual and I can run a walk test and when I activate the key switch, Z6 lights up

Then when I try and set the zone to be a keyswitch when in programming mode:
168+PROG

After pressing 16, I then hear the 'access denied' tone from the keypad.

Could someone advise ? I read about a 'boss code', but given I think I've got the 'engineer code' and am able to enter the programming menu, I assumed this would work ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. When I do:

1234+PROG

I get the 'access denied' chime after entering 48 and all of the zones remain lit up in red. So I think '48' is having the same problem as I've experienced when trying to set the zone ?

yep, sounds like user. default eng code is 1234 though, so if its been defaulted and 1234 works, then it should e engineer. if its engineer locked and defaulted then the eng code will not have changed, but 1234 prog should not have worked

whats your user code? if thats been set to same as eng then typing that will go to user options

Its not pre 2000 model is it? if so try 1234 + 00
If it was pre 2000 that would make it at least 23 years old, time for a new one:p
My money says he is NOT in engineers mode.

rjlee, I suggest you try and default the engineers code again, you did try it by powering up battery only didn't you?